Spotlight on safety performance
- Waste cuts earn praise. // European Chemical News;8/1/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2158, p24
Reports on the improved business environmental performance of the chemical industry in 2004 according to a report released by Great Britain's Environment Agency. Decline in the hazardous waste produced by chemical companies in 2004; Increase in the waste recovery rate posted by the sector;...
- Contractors help reduce pollution. // Contract Journal;7/30/2003, Vol. 419 Issue 6437, p5
Reports on the results of the 2003 investigation on pollution incidents caused by construction firms, conducted by the British Environment Agency. Total number of pollution incidents; Firms that were fined and prosecuted in 2002.
- Ex-employee attacks Environment Agency. M. D. // Utility Week;1/10/2014, p4
The article reports that an ex-employee of Great Britain. Environment Agency accused that the agency of endemic fraud, bullying and mismanagement.
- Environmental needs for water price review set out. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Apr2008, Issue 399, p39
The article reports on the move of the British Environment Agency to hold a dialogue with water companies, the Office of Water Services and the government to discuss the environmental improvements it seeks to be funded in the 2009 price review (PR09). The review will decide on investment plans...
- UK firms fast becoming green. // Professional Engineering;05/26/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p10
Reports that the British Standards Institution and the Environment Agency have reported that British companies have become more environment conscious. Rank of Great Britain in countries with the most number of companies with ISO 14001 environmental management systems certification; Decrease in...
- Agency 'should fund investigations'. // Utility Week;5/22/2009, p31
This article reports on concerns raised by Wessex Water over requiring water companies in Great Britain to pay for environmental investigations when they may not be at fault. Keith Harris, director of finance and policy at Wessex Water, advised the Environment Agency to use its own financial and...
- Environment Agency hunts for direct shops. // Precision Marketing;10/22/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the plan of the Environment Agency on appointing a roster of agencies to handle its creative communication strategies, including direct work. Goal of the program; Deadline of submission of the agencies' tenders for the business; Explanation of the tender document.
- News. // Contract Journal;2/1/2006, Vol. 432 Issue 6560, p2
Offers news briefs on the construction industry in Great Britain as of February 1, 2006. Warning given by energy Minister Alan Johnson to contractors over fuel costs; Response of the British Environment Agency on claims of accident risks against its guidelines "M1, Sampling Requirements for...
- EA answers CRC questions. Wood, Janet // Utility Week;5/28/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p9
The article discusses some of the questions addressed by the Environment Agency (EA) in Great Britain on the Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) Energy Efficiency Scheme. Company awareness of the scheme is reportedly high and registering meter point numbers (MPANS) is encouraged even if it is...