- US urged to set example on Antarctic protocol. Kiernan, Vincent // New Scientist;4/27/96, Vol. 150 Issue 2027, p10
Reports on American conservationists, World Wildlife Fund and scientists' call for the United States government to ratify an international environmental protocol for Antarctica, an amendment to the Antarctic Treaty which would impose restriction on activities such as waste disposal and...
- Environmental Policy. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Costa Rica Country Review;2013, p170
A list of organizations related to environment conservation in Costa Rica is presented, which includes the Ministry of Environment and Energy, The Biomass Users Network (BUN) and the World Wildlife Fund (WWF).
- Restoring Krishna's forests. Chapple, Christopher // Whole Earth;Winter97, Issue 91, p44
Looks at the reasons why the City of Vrindavan is the hearbeat of Hinduism. Krishna, the environmental of all Hindu visions of God; Information on the Vrindavan Forest Project, funded by World Wildlife Fund Geneva; Impact of the forest project; Impetus for World Wildlife Fund Geneva's funding...
- Vandals destroy world's stock of wonder drugs. // Accountancy;Sep84, Vol. 95 Issue 1093, p100
Reports on the destruction of the Tropical Rain Forest. Percentage of the world's drugs that come from wild sources; Drug developed from the Rosy Periwinkle; World Wildlife Fund's call for support of its campaign to strop the destruction of the forests.
- A job almost done. Hope, Phillip // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;02/01/99, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p15
Focuses on controversy surrounding designated areas for environmental protection in Canada. Strategy of Special Places 2000; How the Alberta government was obliged by an international treaty to protect ten percent of its surface in packets representing its six characteristic eco-systems;...
- Environmentalists push free trade plus sustainability. Walker, Ruth // Christian Science Monitor;4/19/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 101, p7
Reports on the outlook for sustainability assessments, to assess the environmental effects of proposed projects. Outlook for a United Nations Meeting in Quebec; Endorsement by organizations of a World Wildlife Fund statement calling on governments to commit themselves to the assessments for all...
- Green is the way to go for marketers. Peck, Jules // Marketing Week;5/11/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p40
The article comments on the important role of marketing in delivering green issues to consumers. A World Wildlife Fund study confirmed that social responsibility is indeed a potential money-maker as most chief executives agree that to ignore the environmental and social impacts of their...
- Las Vegas joins 400 cities worldwide for Earth Hour. Aun, Leslie // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2/16/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 7, pP17
The article reports that Las Vegas, Nevada will join the Earth Hour event on March 28, 2009. The event, created by the World Wildlife Fund, will be participated by 74 countries. It notes the efforts of the city officials of Las Vegas to reduce carbon emission in the area, such as the...
- WORLD ON THE WEB. Papciak, Mike // Sierra;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p90
Features several Web sites about environmental protection for children. Kid's Planet from Defenders of Wildlife; Kid Stuff site from World Wildlife Fund; Ranger Rick's Kids Zone from the National Wildlife Federation.