Dow tackles safety
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;7/21/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 2, p49
Announces the appointment of Andrew N. Liveris as Dow Chemical's general manager, advanced cleaning systems group.
- MICHIGAN BRIEFS. // Crain's Detroit Business;2/8/2016, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p0002
This section offers Michigan news briefs as of February 8, 2016. Governor Rick Snyder's aides have apparently known about the rise in Legionnaires disease potentially linked to Flint's water long before it was announced in January, as shown by internal e-mails. Officials argued over who was to...
- Thin-film composite membranes. // Power;Nov93, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p174
Features a literature for thin-film composite membranes from Dow Chemical Company. Packaging in a spiral-wound configuration; Summary of reverse osmosis and nanofiltration membranes.
- Reverse-osmosis (RO). // Power;Nov93, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p174
Features a products guide from Dow Chemical Co. which highlights reverse-osmosis and nanofiltration elements. Inclusion of weights, dimensions and operating specifications.
- Dow's profits fall 4% but beat the Street. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;1/29/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on a 4% decline in the fourth quarter earnings of Dow Chemical in 2006. Such decline represents a $954 million on 3% higher sales of $12.2 billion. Remarks from Dow Chairman and CEO Andrew Liveris are presented. A 6% year-over-year decline in feedstock and energy costs are...
- Dow CEO Urges Action on Natural Gas 'Crisis' Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;11/16/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 39, p11
This article reports on the move of Dow Chemical chairman and CEO Andrew Liveris to urge the U.S. government to address the natural gas crisis. "The price of natural gas, once $2/million Btu, has recently been as high as $14/million Btu, which is the equivalent of $7/gal for gasoline," Liveris...
- Pharma Intermediates Winners. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;3/19/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 11, p7
Comments on the speech of Andrew Liveris, business group president for perfomance chemicals of Dow Chemical, at Socma's Informex show on February 19, 2003, about pharmaceutical intermediates. Views on outsourcing; Theme of the speech; Maturation of the small-molecule segment.
- Dow says goodbye to the big bang. CHANG, JOSEPH // ICIS Chemical Business;11/8/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 16, p10
The article reports on Dow Chemical Co.'s new approach to its plastics business. The firm will create a joint venture (JV) or divest select commodity portions of its plastics business rather than doing deals with other companies. Its president and chief executive officer (CEO), Andrew Liveris...
- SUCCESS MUST BE BUILT ON STRONG ECONOMIC POLICIES. Liveris, Andrew // Vital Speeches of the Day;Nov2008, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p507
The article presents a speech by Andrew Liveris, chief executive officer of the Dow Chemical Company, delivered at the Detroit Economic Club, Detroit, Michigan, on September 22, 2008, in which he discussed the U.S. financial crisis, the state of U.S. manufacturing, and how the U.S. has given up...