China's state watchdog takes the hard line
- Green revolutions: Environmental reconstruction in Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union. French, Hilary F. // Columbia Journal of World Business;Spring91, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p28
Discusses efforts toward environmental restoration in the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe. Contribution of rapid industrialization in both regions to air and water pollution; Effects of the regions' heavy pollution on health and biological productivity; Development in both regions of...
- A Green Fringe. Kelley, Kevin J. // Progressive;Apr90, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p30
Comments on the establishment and activities of green movements in Great Britain. Development of programs to combat environmental devastation and degradation; Activities of green movements; Implications for the development of policies for environmental protection.
- Environmental Issues. // United Arab Emirates Country Review;2011, p166
The article offers information on the environmental issues of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) including lack of natural freshwater resources, desertification and oil spills.
- TROUBLED WATER. // Ecologist;Sep2000, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p9
Details some of the petroleum spill incidents in different countries. Russian tanker which sank at the mouth of the Bosporus; Volume of petroleum spilled by Total Fina company's Erika tanker into the Atlantic Ocean; Oil spill in Florida's coast.
- IT's Time to GO Green! Kugler, Anthony // Faces;Apr2008, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p8
The article presents the author's opinion on increasing threat to environment due to rapid population growth, as well as need to protect environment. To safeguard the environment, public awareness of the problem is growing, and governments around the world are beginning to take steps to reduce...
- Green choices to guide self-builds. Ainley, John // Mortgage Strategy;6/18/2007, p45
The article focuses on the green choices in building properties that can help mitigate environmental damage in Great Britain. Measures that clients should consider in a self-build properties include insulating the building, using passive stack or mechanical ventilation with heat recovery and...
- Environmental Awareness as a Tool to Promote the Wise Practices of Wild Plant Resources in the Himalayas (Sudhangali-Kashmir, Pakistan). Saeeda; Zakir, Shahida // Putaj Sciences;2012, Vol. 19, p139
The lack of awareness in usage of wild plants has led to severe degradation of the forest and related bio-diversity. Due to forest degradation, several medicinal plants are threatened and consequently the livelihoods of the locals. This paper aims to study the environmental awareness in the...
- U.S. To Host World Wilderness Congress. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Aug/Sep87, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p27
Features the World Wilderness Congress slated in September 2003 in Denver Colorado focusing on environmental issues sponsored by the National Wildlife Federation and the Colorado Wildlife Federation. Speakers and participants; Topics relating to environmental degradation and protection;...
- Cytochrome P450 1A activity in liver and fixed wavelength fluorescence detection of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in the bile of tongue-fish (Cynoglossus acrolepidotus, Bleeker) in relation to petroleum hydrocarbons in the eastern Gulf of Thailand. Cheevaporn, Voravit; Beamish, F. William H. // Journal of Environmental Biology;Oct2007, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p701
This investigation was conducted in an area of oil spill along the east coast of Thailand to examine the relations among cytochrome P450 1A activity in liver and PAHs in the bile of the tonguefish and petroleum hydrocarbons in the sediments. PAH sediment concentrations in the reference and oil...