Sovcomflot/Novoship tanker jv
- Boat Gambling. Gillies, Andrew T. // Forbes Global;12/20/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p70
Presents an outlook for the shipping industry in 2005. Increase in net income of ship owner OMI Corp.; Growth in demand for oil tankers according to Magnus Fyhr, an equity analyst in the Houston, Texas office of Jefferies & Co.; Investment opportunity presented by takeover targets.
- Rand Logistics Adds Tanker. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/24/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p2
The article reports on the acquisition of a chemical tanker by Rand Logistics Inc. It notes that the tanker, which was sold by Middelfart, Denmark-based transportation company Uni-Tankers AS, will be converted into a river class self-unloader vessel by the bulk freight shipping services provider...
- Merger mania makes a mess of rate rise. Hastings, Phillip // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/22/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 34, p31
Highlights various planned mergers relevant to the shipping industry. Includes P&O Containers with Nedlloyd; Asian carrier Neptune Orient Lines with United States-based American President Lines; Nippon Yussen Kaisha with Mitsui-OSK Lines.
- European Short-Sea Shipping Rides a Profit Wave. // World Trade;Feb2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p12
The article focuses on short-sea shipping in Europe. The short-sea shipping in Europe finished out 2006 with surging profits and double-digit growth and it appears 2007 will bring much of the same, spurred on by industry mergers and acquisitions. The Gulf of Finland is emerging as a key transit...
- New vessels will not ease capacity crunch. Morris, Gregory DL // Chemical Week;6/17/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 23, p48
Focuses on the expansion of ship operators on their parcel tanker fleet operations. Demand for deepsea chemical parcel tanker capacity; Views of industry observer on the expansion; Details on parcel tanker fleet operation in other countries.
- SWOT Analysis. // Tsakos Energy Navigation Limited SWOT Analysis;Nov2011, p1
No abstract available.
- Global Overview - Liquid Bulk Shipping. // Japan Shipping Report;Q2 2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p47
The article reports on the global developments in the liquid bulk shipping industry in the second quarter of 2012. It states that the rates for crude oil tankers in 2012 will continue to be depressed. The global demand for seaborne oil will outpace the global tanker fleet growth and the global...
- On a risk management analysis of oil spill risk using maritime transportation system simulation. Dorp, J.; Merrick, Jason // Annals of Operations Research;Jul2011, Vol. 187 Issue 1, p249
Is it safer for New Orleans river gambling boats to be underway than to be dockside? Is oil transportation risk reduced by lowering wind restrictions from 45 to 35 knots at Hinchinbrook Entrance for laden oil tankers departing Valdez, Alaska? Should the International Safety Management (ISM) code...
- AN ANALYSIS OF THE POLLUTION RISK IN THE MEDITERRANEAN SPANISH COAST. Lorente, Amable V. Esparza; De Oses, F. Xavier Martínez // Journal of Marine Technology & Environment;2010, Vol. 2, p17
Pollution risks coming from the shipping traffic is one of the real risks that Spanish coast can face. It is much closed the remember of the Fedra bulk carrier in the strait of Gibraltar, the Prestige tanker in Finisterre or the Castor near accident off the Almeria coast. The main objective of...