Orders beat summer lull
- Asia caprolactam collapse complicates EU contracts. VICTORY, MARK; Lin, Junie // ICIS Chemical Business;5/28/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 19, p18
The article discusses how weak demand for Asian caprolactam (capro) is impacting European chemical prices. Topics include the decline in capro prices as a result of a decreases in consumption and benzene prices, how chemical contract negotiations were stalled among European capro firms, and the...
- Asia capro growth plans split European opinion. VICTORY, MARK // ICIS Chemical Business;10/22/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 11, p17
The article discusses the effect of caprolactam (capro) production capacity in Asia on demand in the chemical industries of Europe.
- China's caprolactam oversupply. Protti-Alvarez, Francinia // Chemical Week;11/21/2016, Vol. 178 Issue 30, p29
The article discusses oversupply of caprolactam capacity in China, according to IHS Chemical data, and mentions decline in operating costs for caprolactam due to lower crude oil prices and logistics difficulties faced by exporters.
- Supply woes hang over Europe resins. Meehan, Julia // ICIS Chemical Business;10/21/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 12, p17
The article reports on the low supply of acetone due to cuts in phenol production with the downturn in demand for bisphenol A and polycarbonates. A buyer said they are looking to see how new capacities in Asia will affect Europe. A source said it had heard that operating rates in Europe were as...
- Untitle. Packham, Iain // ICIS Chemical Business;9/15/2014, Issue 3074, p1
The article reports that as a result of 43 euros per tonne reduction in feedstock cyclohexane (CX) costs, September price negotiations are being entered into by European caprolactam (capro) players with buyers and sellers, with sellers hoping to improve lost margins using feedstock cost...
- EU capro 2013 exports buck forecasts to rise 15% - Eurostat. Victory, Mark // ICIS Chemical Business;3/3/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 9, p17
The article discusses exports of caprolactam from the European Union (EU). Figures from statistics agency Eurostat indicate exports rose 15% during 2013, aided in part by production difficulties at Asian factories. However, it is noted that the production of high-quality caprolactam by at least...
- The case for prudence. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;6/2/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 403, p17
Focuses on the projects for linear alkylbenzene (LAB) in Asia in 2003. Estimated increase in demand for LAB; Supply-demand imbalance in Asia; Issues challenging LAB investors.
- Limited prompt cargoes to keep Asia benzene firm. KHOO, JASMINE // ICIS Chemical Business;9/24/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 8, p18
The article discusses the prices of Asian benzene as of September 2012, projecting that spot prices could remain firm due to crude oil and naphtha values, inhibited production in Japan, the U.S., and Europe, and limited inventories in northeast Asia.
- Iranian cargoes add length to market. JIN, KENY // ICIS Chemical Business;11/15/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 17, p17
The article reports that around 30,000 tonnes of styrene from Iran will be received in China during December 2010. It is stated that Iran's styrene shipments were due to the restart of Pars Petrochemical's 600,000 tonne/year plant. It is mentioned that China's demand for imported styrene does...