Mixed bag for Q2
- Clariant, Degussa post 1Q results. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;5/16/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 20, p17
Reports on the financial performance of chemical companies, Clariant and Degussa for the first quarter of 2005. Decline in Clariant's sales and operating profit for the first quarter; Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization; Factors attributed to the decline in Degussa's...
- Greater demand fuels Degussa result. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;5/15/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 19, p11
The article reports on the profits posted by Europe-based Degussa AG in the first quarter of 2006. Degussa's first-quarter operating profits rose 26% to â‚¬219 million, and sales were 21% higher at â‚¬2.74 billion, driven upwards by 7% on stronger volumes and 8% on higher prices. The...
- Clariant's Q1 rises 'satisfactory'. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;5/15/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 19, p10
The article reports on the profits posted by Europe-based Clariant AG in the first quarter of 2006. The company's first-quarter operating income rose by 12% to SF156 million before exceptional items; cost-cutting helped to offset higher raw material, energy and logistics costs. The chemical...
- Europe in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/18/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 11, p6
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe as of March 2002. Acquisition of Perstorp's stake in Perstorp Clariant AB by Clariant AG; Launch of a corporate advertising campaign of Degussa AG.
- specialties. // Chemical Week;7/17/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 28, p30
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of July 2002. Operation of a plant at Coatzacoalcos, Mexico by Clariant; Production and marketing of triallyl isocyanurate used to crosslink high-performance plastics and rubbers by Degussa; Increase in price of 3-(Dimethylamino)propylamine by...
- euro In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/7/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 1, p5
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe as of January 2002. Expectation of ENI to reach an agreement within weeks on the sale to Saudi Basic Industries Corp. of a majority stake in Polimeri Europa; Agreement of Clariant to purchase Perstorp's share in Perstorp Clariant AB;...
- Clariant Sees Signs of a Turnaround. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/8/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 19, p31
Deals with the financial performance of Clariant for its fiscal first quarter 2001. Improvements in profits; Performance of Clariant's masterbatches; Factors which contributed to the performance of the life science and electronic chemicals division.
- Clariant's First Half Income Falls Sharply. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;09/06/99, Vol. 256 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the operating income of Clariant's six divisions. Decline in Clariant's fine chemicals business; Income of other divisions.
- Clariant Warns of Lower Margins; Restructures Business. // Chemical Week;10/24/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 39, p8
Reports on the operating margin decline that Clariant AG is expecting to post in the second half of 2001. Number of jobs that Clariant wants to eliminate; Company's plan for its cellulose ethers and polymerisates division.