PEOPLE ON THE MOVE
- Markets Watch. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;1/29/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 51, p25
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry. Dow Chemical has started-up its first chemical production plant in Kryukovo, Russia. P&G Chemicals has increased its tertiary amines capacity through a supply and marketing agreement with Feixiang Chemicals. Degussa is raising its...
- Oleochemicals: trimming the fat. De Guzman, Doris; Boswell, Clay // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;1/29/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 4, p20
The article focuses on the challenges faced by the global oleochemicals market in 2006. Some of these challenges include high feedstock and energy costs, low glycerin prices and downward price pressures. One of the companies affected by these issues include P&G Chemicals. The company made some...
- Logistics Watch. // European Chemical News;11/14/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2171, p15
Presents updates on the logistics and distribution areas of the chemical industry as of November 14, 2005. Acquisition of Quadra Chemicals, a U.S. distributor of industrial and speciality chemicals, by Brenntag; Countries where Algol Pharma has agreed to market and sell NordicNeuroLab products;...
- P&G to build fatty acids plant in Asia. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/4/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 14, p4
The article reports that P&G Chemicals continues to expand its oleochemicals reach in Asia with a new $53 million fatty acids plant to be built by FPG Oleochemicals, its Malaysian joint venture with Felda Palm Industries. This agreement is an important step for FPG, says Martin Herrington,...
- Wrap-up. // Chemical Week;4/3/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 13, p18
Reports on developments about the chemical industry in the United States as of April 3, 1996. Dow Plastics' increase of epichlorohydrin and allyl chloride prices; Ferro Corp.'s restating of shareholder rights plan.
- News Watch. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/17/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 2, p10
The article presents news briefs on the chemical industry in the United States. Olin Chlor Alkali Products is planning an $11.8 million expansion of its bleach facilities in Augusta, Georgia, Charleston, Tennessee, and Niagara Falls, New York. Ferro has reported revenues of $505 million for the...
- cw75 stock performance. // Chemical Week;7/30/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 20, p56
Charts for July 2012 for the CW75 index are presented, which tracks profits and market performance of the chemical industry and includes data from companies such as the TPC Group, the Ferro Corporation, and Dow Chemical.
- Dann takes on CIA presidency. // Process Engineering;Jan2006, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on career developments of executives in the process engineering industry. General manager of DOW Chemical Co. Geoff Dann has been elected as president of the Chemical Industries Association. Judith Hackitt, director-general of the Central Intelligence Agency, will resign from...
- Inquiry into Dow's Buna plans. // Chemical Week;3/8/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 9, p6
Reports on an independent examination called by the German trade ministry concerning the plan of Dow Chemicals to buy Germany's Buna chemicals complex. Concerns about the security of job of chemical workers.