Flat ethylene market hit by nerves
- commodity prices. // Grocer;1/23/2013, p18
The article reports on year-on-year change in commodity prices in 2012.
- Prices Digest. White, Kevin // Grocer;11/21/2015, p16
The article reports the movements of prices of several products worldwide as of late November 2015, including the 70% increase in chickpea prices, particularly in India, and a decline in skipjack tuna prices in Thailand.
- Global naphtha markets bullish on supply and prices. Loo, Felicia; Pitches, Jo; Martin, Sheena; Dillon, Tony // ICIS Chemical Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 13, p22
The article reports on the uncertainity surrounding the supply and prices of naphtha all over the world. As stated, the recent strike in France has affected the supply in Europe where the demand is quite strong while the U.S. has witnessed price rise. However, timely supply in Asia has...
- Companies join the rush to enter bio-butanol market. GUZMAN, DORIS DE // ICIS Chemical Business;12/5/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 18, p22
The article reports that global chemical companies are using bio-based butanol as an alternative to petroleum-based butanol. Price volatility of propylene which affects butanol pricing, is also a major factor in the increasing demand of bio-based butanol. Eastman Renewable Materials, subsidiary...
- Dark days for China? RICHARDSON, JOHN // ICIS Chemical Business;4/25/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 15, p12
The article discusses the state of the petrochemical and polymers market in China. It has been stated that producers, traders and buyers of petrochemical in China believe that sharp corrections are on their way. It has been stated that monoethylene glycol (MEG) chain price reduced by 14% in...
- Ammonia hits levels last seen in 2008. BRICE, ANDY // ICIS Chemical Business;9/19/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 8, p14
The article presents the author's views on the chemical industry. It is stated that the performance of the European ethylene cracker margins have been weakened by the strength of the U.S. dollar. Styrene contracts is also stated to have climbed in the U.S. by 3 cents/lb. Two charts including one...
- The New Year Ushers in Another Feedstock Shock. Westervelt, Robert; Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;1/7/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 1, p6
Deals with the increase in the spot prices of feedstock and petrochemicals in the U.S. in January 2004. Examples of chemicals that showed price increases; Reason cited for the gas price increase; Actions taken by the U.S. Congress to investigate the issue.
- Benzene cost may send PS resin prices soaring. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;7/26/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p1
Polystyrene buyers are facing a not-so-sweet 16 in August. That's the amount in cents per pound that most North American PS makers will be seeking in price increases during that month. After being under $1.50 per gallon for much of 2001-03, benzene prices cracked the $2 mark earlier this year...
- PRICES. // Economic Indicators;Apr2007, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p22
The section presents charts and graphs on changes in producer prices for finished goods, changes in consumer prices and prices perceived and paid by farmers in the U.S. from 1997 to 2007.