Schenker opens hub in South Korea
- Logistics is now for railroads. Needham, Paul // JoC Week;7/15/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 28, p26
Reports on the purchase by Deutsche Bahn AG (DB), the German national railways, of Stinnes AG and its Schenker AG logistics division. Need to meet the competition posed by the trucking business; Ability to offer customers a range of logistics services; Operation of Schenker and DB Cargo as...
- BAX, Schenker Getting Integrated. // Traffic World;5/29/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 22, p45
The article reports on the move of Deutsche Bahn AG to collaborate the operations of its two freight units BAX Global Co. and Schenker AG in Europe. The action calls for the two units to share a DC-8 freighter in regular direct flight operations. With the integration, both units will have...
- Integrating BAX. // Air Cargo World;Jun2006, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p7
The article states that Deutsche Bahn AG is aligning some of the operations of BAX Global Inc. and Schenker, its two freight units. U.S.-based BAX and Schenker will share a DC-8 freighter over the Atlantic in a cooperative built around the control of airline assets that the companies say they...
- Railroads Industry Profile: Germany. // Railroads Industry Profile: Germany;Jun2006, p1
Presents a profile of the Railroads industry in Germany. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- Bax Global acquisition boosts Deutsche Bahn in Asia-Pacific. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;11/28/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2173, p14
The article reports on the move of Deutsche Bahn to sign a contract to acquire Bax Global in a deal reported to be worth $1.1 billion. The acquisition is expected to expand the position of Deutsche in the key growth markets of Asia-Pacific as well as in China and the U.S. According to Deutsche...
- Deutsche Bahn to review ad account. // Adweek Western Edition;6/12/95, Vol. 45 Issue 24, p20
Reports on Deutsche Bahn AG's plans to review its advertising account. Contenders for the account.
- German Channel Tunnel trains delayed. Caswell, Mark // Business Traveller (UK/Europe Edition);Feb2012, p8
The article reports on the launch of international rail services from London, England by German national railway company Deutsche Bahn in 2015.
- German Rail. // Railway Age;Jan96, Vol. 197 Issue 1, p68
Reports that German Rail will invest $54 billion in capital improvements up to the year 2000. $35 billion for infrastructure; $13 billion for new and rebuilt rolling stock; $5.25 billion for maintenance equipment and data processing.
- New sleepers for Hamburg. // International Construction;Jun98, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p89
Introduces Deutsche Bahn's high-strength sleepers manufactured by using concrete block and steel tie-bars of polymer concrete. Advantage of the sleepers' high electrical resistance; Manufacturing process.