Ethylene slump: the worst is yet to come
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;7/26/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 25, p34
The article reports that spot prices in the U.S. and Europe rose as maintenance turnarounds and unplanned outages strained supply. U.S. spot ethylene firmed a penny to 48 cts-49 cts/lb del, surpassing contract prices. European ethylene spot prices gained another $10-$20/m.t. Spot aromatics have...
- Global Olefins Prices Move Lower. BEWLEY, LINDSEY // Chemical Week;7/4/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 17, p49
The article focuses on the decline in prices of olefins due to improvement in supply and drop in crude oil prices. It notes that high operating rates and ample supply in Europe were indicated in contract settlements for July 2011. It cites the continued spot declines for polymers, as well as the...
- Europe MEG reacts to ethylene. Murray, Caroline // ICIS Chemical Business;11/9/2015, Issue 3686, p17
The article reports that the European monoethylene glycol contract market experienced a price decline by 26 euros per tonne as of October 28, 2015 due to the stability of the ethylene contract price in Europe at 905 dollars per tonne.
- C2 steady amid healthy demand. Yeow Pei Lin // ICIS Chemical Business;10/31/2016, Issue 4588, p1
The article informs that ethylene import prices are broadly stable in Northeast Asia as the impact of rising regional supply is counterbalanced by healthy demand from the key China market. According to Chinese sources, buying activity is also driven by the strong performance of certain...
- Contracts bear brunt of easing spot values. BRICE, ANDY // ICIS Chemical Business;7/4/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 1, p16
In this article the author discusses the decline in the prices of ethylene contracts due to weak demand in Europe.
- US ethylene margins keep on tumbling. BURRIDGE, ELAINE; LEMOS, WILLIAM // ICIS Chemical Business;9/26/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 9, p16
The article informs that ethylene margins is falling continuously in the U.S. and in the second week of September 2011, it dropped by 15% from a week earlier.
- Asian spot ethylene margins slump in November. HARTNELL, REGAN // ICIS Chemical Business;12/5/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 18, p17
The article reports that spot ethylene variable cash margins in Asia plunged to their lowest level since 2000 for the month of November 2011.
- European ethylene and propylene contracts at parity. Brice, Andy; Weddle, Nel // ICIS Chemical Business;8/2/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 3, p17
The article reports that initial European settlements have justified the speculation that the unsustainable gap between European ethylene and propylene prices and those in the U.S. and Asia would see August 2010 contracts decline.
- Ethanolamine prices roll over. O'Connor, Rhian // ICIS Chemical Business;1/27/2104, Vol. 285 Issue 4, p13
The article focuses on ethanolamine prices in Europe in January 2014. Topics addressed include producers' enthusiasm for increasing prices after price hikes in ethylene, an increase in the cost of raw materials, and the tightness of the diethanolamine (DEA) market. Also mentioned are the strong...