German target for biofuel set
- Comparative Emission Analysis of Gasoline/LPG Automotive Bifuel Engine. Saraf, R. R.; Thipse, S. S.; Saxena, P. K. // Proceedings of World Academy of Science: Engineering & Technolog;Mar2009, Vol. 51, p75
This paper presents comparative emission study of newly introduced gasoline/LPG bifuel automotive engine in Indian market. Emissions were tested as per LPG-Bharat stage III driving cycle. Emission tests were carried out for urban cycle and extra urban cycle. Total time for urban and extra urban...
- Biofuels: Great green hope? // OECD Observer;Mar2010, Issue 278, p27
The article focuses on the use of biofuels as an alternative to gasoline and diesel for running automobiles and in helping conserve the environment. It states that biofuels have little impact on greenhouse gas emissions which accounts only less than 1% total emissions from transport. Moreover,...
- SUSTAINABLE ENERGY: CHALLENGES OF IMPLEMENTING NEW TECHNOLOGIES. Omer, Abdeen Mustafa // Global Journal of Technology & Optimization;2010, Vol. 1, p17
Sudan is an agricultural country with fertile land, plenty of water resources, livestock, forestry resources and agricultural residues. Energy is one of the key factors for the development of national economies in Sudan. An overview of the energy situation in Sudan is introduced with reference...
- Bio-Based Alternatives Need Help to Reach "Petroleum Parity". Knox, Jon // Automotive Industries;Dec2009, Vol. 189 Issue 12, p22
The article focuses on the report titled Biofuels' and Biomaterials' Path to Petroleum Parity from Lux Research Inc., regarding bio-based fuels' competitiveness with petroleum-based products. It is stated that according to the report, until bio-based fuels can compete in terms of scale, they...
- NUFFIELD BIOETHICS COUNCIL LOOKS AT ADVANCED BIOFUELS. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Jan2010, Issue 420, p16
The article reports on the plan of the Nuffield Council on Bioethics to observe and study the environmental and ethical impacts of second-generation biofuels in 2010.
- ADVANCED BIOMASS FUEL CHARACTERIZATION BASED ON TESTS WITH A SPECIALLY DESIGNED LAB-SCALE REACTOR. BRUNNER, T. // Biomass Bulletin;2014, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p40
An abstract of the article "Advanced Biomass Fuel Characterization Based on Tests with a Specially Designed Lab-Scale Reactor" by T. Brunner and others is presented.
- The Economics of a Blend Mandate for Biofuels. de Gorter, Harry; Just, David R. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug2009, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p738
A biofuel blend mandate may increase or decrease consumer fuel prices with endogenous oil prices, depending on relative supply elasticities. Biofuel tax credits always reduce fuel prices. Tax credits result in lower fuel prices than under a mandate for the same level of biofuel production. If...
- Isobutanol -- a versatile product. // Ohio Farmer;Jun2011, Vol. 307 Issue 6, p20
The article focuses on the significance of isobutanol as a versatile product which can be pipelined with the gasoline to the terminal and added at the refinery.
- Appendix B: Metric Conversion Factors, Metric Prefixes, and Other Physical Conversion Factors. // Monthly Energy Review;Oct2014, p183
An appendix is presented of the metric conversion factors, metric prefixes and other physical conversion factors of petroleum products.