Saria plans to make big biodiesel push
- Grease is the Word. Franklin, Jonathan // Latin Trade (English);Jul2002, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the use of recycled french-fry fuel from several McDonald's restaurants by a team of cars motoring around Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. Components of bio-diesel fuel; Number of hectares set aside by the Brazil Ministry of Agriculture for use in oil production for transportation.
- West Michigan: Alternative Fuel Capital? // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/24/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p4
Comments on Michigan as the alternative fuel capital of the world. Information on the fuel research of Grand Valley State University; Source of biodiesel fuel; Participants in the biodiedel fuel project.
- Planting our own oilfields. Wilks, Neil // Professional Engineering;2/26/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p41
Focuses on the prospects of biodiesel as an alternative transport fuel in Great Britain. Description of how biodiesel is produced; Reduction of carbon dioxide emissions; Production of biodiesel from used cooking oil; Business opportunity for oilseed crop farmers. INSETS: Environment department...
- Mike Pelly's biodiesel update. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;May/Jun2001, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p111
Presents an update in the advancement and development of biodiesel. INSET: Most of us have heard about California's... (rolling blackouts).
- Forecourt debut for rape-blend biodiesel. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;6/21/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 25, p15
Reports the arrival of biodiesel fuel in Gloucestershire, England in June 2002. Countries from which biodiesel fuel is shipped; Outlook for the sale of biodiesel fuel in Great Britain; Benefit of biodiesel fuel to farmers.
- Big booster for biodiesel. Swallow, Andrew; Abel, Charles // Farmers Weekly;11/1/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 18, p46
Talks about the scheme launched by GreenErgy, to promote the biodiesel industry in Great Britain in 2002. Information on the carbon certification process; Components of GreenErgy's GlobalDiesel fuel; Billboard campaign.
- Argent to fuel change. // Supply Management;4/14/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p8
Reports that commercial production has begun at Great Britain's first large-scale biodiesel plant producing fuel from cooking oil and animal fat.
- Three cheers for the green gold. Anderson, Greta // In Business;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on factors contributing to the demand for use of renewable biodiesel fuels in the United States. Agricultural commodity interest as impetus for development of biodiesel fuels; Involvement of Columbus Foods of Chicago in testing viability of biodiesel as fuel for bus fleets; Role of...
- Biodiesel Grows. // Chemical Week;11/7/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 41, p31
Forecasts the increase in sales of biodiesel in Europe by 2007.