Yara buys into Mexico
- Yara to take 3.2% stake in BlueChem. Sinclair, Neil; Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;9/11/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 34, p11
This article report on the plans of Yara International regarding the acquisition of an equity stake in China BlueChemical. According to Yara CEO Thorleif Enger, the company's strategic partnership agreement with China BlueChemical and the acquisition of the equity stake in China BlueChemical...
- Business Blog. // Farmers Weekly;2/26/2010, Vol. 152 Issue 8, p25
In this article, the author presents his opinion on the bid of Yara to take over U.S.-based fertiliser company Terra, its joint venture partner in GrowHow UK.
- Yara to buy Bunge's Brazil fertilizer business. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;12/10/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 31, p10
The article reports that the Brazilian fertilizer retail business of the food producer Bunge will be acquired by the agricultural products company Yara International ASA, which will continue to supply fertilizer for Bunge to deliver to farmers.
- Yara buys out the rest of Phosyn. Sinclair, Neil // Chemical Market Reporter;3/27/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the deal that Yara International will be acquiring the remaining 67 percent interest of Phosyn, a British plant nutrition company in the U.S. This business combination is believed to be beneficial for the two companies since Yara would improve its marketing strategies as...
- Today's Transactions:Yara Scoops Up Brazilian Fertilizer Business for $750M. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/10/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p42
The article reports on the acquisition by Yara International ASA of Bunge Limited's Brazilian fertilizer business.
- Yara opens new AdBlue facility. // Motor Transport;5/21/2009, p9
The article informs that a 2.5 million-litre storage facility has been opened by AdBlue supplier Yara Co. at TDG's Choats Road terminal in Dagenham, Essex, to service its Air1 customers in the south. Brenntag UK, Yara's partner in the Air1 business, has also brought two additional dedicated...
- Yara will Sell Assets to Secure Clearance for GrowHow Deal. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;10/3/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 32, p17
The article announces that the European Commission has approved Yara International's acquisition of Kemira GrowHow, subject to Yara divesting several assets. Both companies are the biggest producers of fertilizers in Western Europe. The commission concluded that the merger would not...
- Yara International to Buy Terra Industries for $4.1 Billion. Alperowicz, Natasha; Young, Ian // Chemical Week;2/22/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the acquisition of Terra Industries by Yara International following the decision of CF Industries to abandon a bid to buy Terra. The merger of Yara and Terra is expected to create a firm with an 8-9% share of the fertilizer market. According to Yara chief executive officer...
- Volatile market. Zenk, Peg // Farm Industry News;Jan2011, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p40
The article presents an outlook for the performance of the fertilizer industry in 2011. The industry saw several mergers and hostile takeover attempts in 2010 and further consolidation is expected in 2011. It has been reported that Russian potash companies Silvinit and Uralkali are negotiating a...