Ashland acquisition boosts coatings
- Ashland Inc. To Acquire Northwest Coatings. // Products Finishing;Dec2006, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the definitive agreement of Ashland Inc. to purchase the assets of Northwest Coatings of Oak Creek, Wisconsin, a formulator and manufacturer of adhesives and coatings employing ultraviolet and electron beam polymerization technologies. According to James J. O'Brien,...
- Ashland BDO plant back up. Kelley, Lane // ICIS Chemical Business;11/28/2016, Issue 4592, p2
The article reports that the U.S. butanediol (BDO) plant from Ashland Chemical Co. has completed its catalyst change in Ohio. It mentions that butanediol unit goes catalyst change. It mentions that the company lost 276 million dollars as compared to loss of 55 million dollars. It focuses on the...
- Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/19/98, Vol. 254 Issue 16, p17
Presents news related to the plastics and coatings industry for the week of October 19, 1998. Increase in the prices of products by Ashland Chemical Co.'s FRP supply division; Forecast on the demand for emulsion polymer in the United States by 2002; Shell Chemicals' integration of its isoprene...
- Specialty earnings mostly down on soft economy. // Chemical Week;4/22/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 12, p10
The article discusses the performance of specialty chemical companies during the first financial quarter of 2013, focusing on the adverse impact of economic conditions on some companies as well as profits reported by some coatings makers. Companies mentioned include PPG Industries Inc. and...
- Ashland to Acquire UV/EB Coatings Firm. D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;11/8/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 37, p39
The article reports on a definitive agreement signed by Ashland to acquire Northwest Coatings from Caltius Equity Partners for a disclosed sum. The transaction includes production sites in the U.S. Northwest will become part of Ashland Specialty Polymers & Adhesives, a business unit of Ashland...
- Ashland opens refractory coatings laboratory. // Foundry Management & Technology;May94, Vol. 122 Issue 5, p17
Reports that Ashland Chemical Inc.'s Foundry Products Division opened a new refractory coatings laboratory in Cleveland, Ohio. Company operations; Capacity; Feedback from Mike Swartzlander, manager of marketing, consulting and technical services.
- Ashland Chemical Co. // Foundry Management & Technology;Aug97, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p26
Profiles Ashland Chemical Company of Columbus, Ohio. Who the company is managed by; Background information on Ashland Chemical; Products and services offered by the company.
- Ashland reorganizes foundry products division. // Foundry Management & Technology;Oct97, Vol. 126 Issue 10, p10
Announces that Ashland Chemical Company intends to reorganize its Foundry Products Division in Dublin, Ohio. Selection of Gregory M. Maclver as business director for the North American business unit; Promotion of other executives.
- Ashland Chemical. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Aug95, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p20
Profiles the company Ashland Chemical. Details of offices, personnel and products and services offered by the company.