Energy investments set to rise by 52%
- Giving power to the people. Pepper, Tom // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/25/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 21, p43
The article reports on the state of the power sector in Iraq. Approved by the World Bank and the UN Development Programme, Baghdad's 20-year masterplan to overhaul the sector requires about $27,300 million worth of investment. Some $4,500 million will be spent on installing new generation plants...
- Iran can seize gas initiative. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/27/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 26, p6
The article reports on the possible impact of modernization of approach on the energy industry in Tehran, Iran. It is stated that the modernization of approach will serve as a lucrative window of opportunity to exploit its resource and encourage oil majors and investment. In addition,...
- No borders for energy. Lerner, Ivan // ICIS Chemical Business;1/21/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 3, p42
The article discusses issues concerning energy independence. Policies supporting energy independence may actually create uncertainty among international trading partners and hinder investment in international energy supply development. The U.S. government enhance its energy security by...
- CEZ: generation assets should be future goal in Romania. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Mar2006, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p151
The article reports that CEZ SA has passed another bid in the power market in Romania as part of its vision to become a leading utility in southeast Europe. The bid pertains to the fifth of eight distribution companies that will be privatized. CEZ is willing to spend more then â‚¬300 million...
- Europe's pipes, wires and plant bill will top Â£1,000bn. // Utility Week;10/3/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p5
Reports on the amount that the European Union needs to invest on its energy industries. Comments from Fatih Birol, head of the International Energy Agency.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Energy & Power. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/4/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 42, p38
Presents an investment banking database of energy and power industry of world as of November 4, 2002. Top U.S. and global new issues bookrunners as of October 28, 2002; Recent global equity and global debt deals as of October 31, 2002.
- Small Energy Companies Provide Unique Opportunities. Gordon, Gary // Equities;Jan2008, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p26
The article reports on the unique investment opportunities that small energy companies provide. According to the author, the world demand for oil has created a good investment landscape for the energy sector. He states that there has been a surge of interest in sub-sector exchange-traded funds...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: ENERGY & POWER. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/25/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 29, p40
This section presents statistical data related to investments in the international energy and power industries. Data is provided on top global new issue bookrunners, which includes Lehman Brothers; Deutsche Bank; Merrill Lynch; Goldman Sachs; JP Morgan Chase and Barclays Capital.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: ENERGY & POWER. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/24/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 21, p18
Reports on developments concerning energy and power investments in the U.S. and around the world as of May 17, 2004. Global energy underwriting volume; Top U.S. new issues bookrunners; Announced U.S. target merger and acquisition advisers; Top global new issues bookrunners; Global equity deals;...