5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH
- "A journey rather than a defined destination". // European Coatings Journal;Mar2011, Issue 3, p56
An interview with Rhodia Inc. Novecare Division director Simon Mawson is presented. When asked about how sustainability can be defined for the coatings industry, he refers to understanding of sustainability objectives of the customers and introduction of products and technology that lead toward...
- Dow Plans Worldwide Cellulosics Expansion. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;3/30/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 11, p21
Reports on the plans of Dow Chemical to expand its methocel methylcellulose and hydroxypropyl methylcellulose capacity among sites in the U.S. and Germany, in March 2005. Information on the phases of the expansion plans; Significance of the expansion to the company according to Marty Kollmeyer,...
- Dow halts ESI production. Raleigh, Patrick // European Rubber Journal;Oct2002, Vol. 184 Issue 10, p19
Reports on the move of Dow Chemical Co. to halt production of ethylene-styrene interpolymers at its Sarnia, Ontario facility. Reason for the move of the company; Operations of the company.
- Mercosur PE outlook. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/13/97, Vol. 252 Issue 15, p40
Reports on Dow Chemical Co.'s efforts to beef up its polyethylene (PE) operations for the massive Mercosur market in Latin America. Plan to have 700,000 metric tons of capacity on line by the year 2000; Investment of $500 million by 2000 in three plants at Bahia Blanca in Argentina; Dow's...
- Dow starts grant program. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/28/98, Vol. 254 Issue 26, p33
Reports on Dow Chemical Co.'s launching of a grants program to support university research addressing environmental and health questions associated with the production and use of chemicals.
- Dow opens new PMDI facility in Freeport, Texas. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Aug2006, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p19
The article reports that the officials of Dow Chemical Co. have revealed that the company's polymeric methylene diphenyl diisocyanate facility in Freeport, Texas has completed its start-up phase and is now fully operational.
- Dow to Idle Chloralkali Capacity. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/25/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the major changes planned by Dow Chemical Co. for its chloralkali operations. Chemical plant to be closed by Dow; Reasons for closing the plant; Expansion of the vinyl chloride monomer capacity of the company.
- Dow Chemical: business as usual. // Urethanes Technology International;Dec2014/Jan2015, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p14
The article reports that Dow Chemical Co. has put its epoxy and chlorine businesses on the market.
- Aus needs advanced manufactoring. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jul2012, Issue 853, p11
The article reports on the guide published by Dow Chemical on how policymakers could diversify Australian industry into advanced manufacturing.