Japan may use rice for biofuels
- Pilot testing begins for electronic certification. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Feb2009, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p11
The article reports that pilot testing has begun for the Electronic Controls Specialist Certification (CFPECS) of the International Fluid Power Society in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. The certification will include control principles, fluid power systems, electronics and electrical principle,...
- THE 333 CHALLENGE — PILOT PROJECT. Corbeil, Robert // Listen / Ã‰coute;aug2012, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the pilot project by the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association (CHHA), which objective is to increase membership by 333%.
- The experience of SYNDICOOP in Africa: A model for trade union action? Smith, Stirling // International Journal of Labour Research;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p269
The article provides a narrative of SYNDICOOP and attempts to draw up a balance sheet of its achievement and why it did not take off in South Africa and has not been replicated since 2006. It reflects on the lessons the SYNDICOOP experience may have for a broader issues of the trade union and...
- Employers group helps with job-hunting skills, has jobs board. Welch, Sherri Begin // Crain's Detroit Business;2/9/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p22
The article informs that many of the calls the American Society of Employers gets from its business members these days are inquiries about handling layoffs and requests for assistance for the employees those companies have laid off. The society is exploring a pilot program with about 60 other...
- …Advances 'Smart Energy Home' Project. Alperowitz, Natasha // Chemical Week;11/7/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 36, p13
The article reports on the planned construction of the first demonstration Smart Energy Home (SEH) project in Europe. SEH is a project of the European Technology Platform for Sustainable Chemistry, a group established by Cefic, European biotechnology industry association EuropaBio and the...
- Planning For Clear Outcomes. Munger, John // Dance/USA Journal;Spring2006, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p46
The article discusses the measures and the impact of Outcome Management as one of the planning phase which brought embedded timelines and evaluations for DANCE/USA in the U.S. The author states that Outcome Management involves focusing on optimistic anticipation, the success of the outcome...
- Cable in the Spotlight. Depp, Michael // Multichannel News;9/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p13A
Focuses on the demonstration projects organized by Cable in the Classroom organization to measure the impact of cable technology on classrooms in the U.S. Equipment used in the Points of View program; Idea behind the Project I2J: From Investigation to justice program; Features of the CONTACT...
- Poorer students need full grants, says college body. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;9/5/2003, p16
Focuses on the need for full government grant for students Great Britain from poorer backgrounds to encourage them to stay in education. Information on the pilot studies conducted by Association of Colleges; Details of the amount of money needed, to be spent on education programs.
- A Walk on the Sober Side. L., Grant // Advocate;1/2/90, Issue 541, p26
Recounts the authors delinquency and addiction to alcohol and sugar. Description of the author's abusive childhood experience; Development of a classic case of alcoholism; Influence of the fellowship of men and women, Alcoholics Anonymous in the author's sobriety.