Mistakes Your Bosses Make While Driving
- Give the gift of safety. Heller, David // Fleet Owner;Dec2010, Vol. 105 Issue 12, p38
The article discusses aspects on safety driving and other safety related measures in the U.S. motor vehicle fleet industry. The author emphasizes that the best gift drivers can give to their respective fleet is to drive safely and the conduct of roadside inspection. He highlights the essential...
- Out-of-Service Criteria: Don't lose productivity to poor compliance. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Mar2005, Vol. 162 Issue 3, p68
Focuses on the revised out-of-service criteria for placing vehicles out of service at roadside safety inspections which will be effective on April 1, 2005 in the U.S. Reason for the adherence of the law enforcement of the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance to implement the rule; Details of the...
- BE A BETTER DRIVER: Attention. Ripley, Paul // Auto Express;11/20/2013, Issue 1295, p24
The author points out that attention is key to driving safely and to avoid distractions such as using a mobile phone or eating at the wheel.
- Annual Roadchecks to be conducted in June. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Jun2003, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the 16th annual International Roadcheck that will be held on June 3-5, 2003. Countries covered by the roadcheck policy; Purpose of the annual road inspections.
- Roadcheck 2010 grounds 25 percent. // Graham Leader;6/27/2010, Vol. 134 Issue 91, p9A
The article offers information on the annual Roadcheck 2010 on June 8-10, 2010, in which 1,738 or 25% of the commercial vehicles that have been inspected in Texas by the Department of Public Safety Troopers were placed out of service due to serious safety violations.
- How safe are worn tires? // Consumer Reports;Jan2003, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p58
Discusses safety concerns for worn tires on automobiles. Effects of tread on grip; Study by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration of how many automobiles have at least one half-worn tread; Dangers of worn tires on wet roads; Hydroplaning; Bald tires; Driving in snow with worn...
- Front Page. // Professional Safety;Oct2004, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p1
Reports developments concerning professional safety in the U.S. Need for a national focus on campus fires, their causes and prevention; Comment from the American Society of Safety Engineers on the reopening of Occupational Safety and Health Administration's PPE rulemaking; Effect of driving...
- Summer driving tips for employees. Barton, Tynan // Employee Benefits;5/21/2014, p3
The article offers tips on how employees with company cars should be aware of some of the hazards that can affect driving in the summer months as the warm weather and summer holiday season approach. The tips include the need to be careful of high temperatures, to consider fuel use, and being...
- Defensive Driving. Wait, Make That Defense Flying. Ragman, J.S.T. // Flying Safety;May2002, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p20
Emphasizes the importance of defensive aircraft piloting and automobile driving to prevent accidents. Need to be aware of the potential to make errors and do harm to others; Importance of listening to other people's advice; Tips on defensive flying.