Developing an Ironclad IP Protection Program
- Metrics programmes need a clear plan to justify security investment. Newcombe, Lee // Computer Weekly;9/16/2008, p12
The article reports that those who are responsible for information risk in an organization to judge the effectiveness of their strategy and associated security solutions are attempting to implement metrics programs to measure the business value and/or ongoing effectiveness of an information...
- Security. // IEEE Internet Computing;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p10
Presents two articles on computer security by Andrew Conry-Murray that appeared in "Network Magazine." "Protect Web Applications From Abuse and Misuse"; "Responding to Computer Security Incidents."
- Spyware beware. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;6/28/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p33
The article discusses the menace of computer spyware. The collective mind of U.S. Congress is rapidly turning to the fall elections 2004, but some issues are pressing enough to warrant continued attention, among them spyware. The growing problem of sneaky information collection programs has...
- Widener University finds firewall flexibility. // eWeek;1/9/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 2, special section pE3
The article presents information on a new computer security system of Widener University, Chester, Pennsylvania. The security system used earlier was no longer meeting the increasing security demands of his various constituencies and began looking for alternative firewall solutions. There was a...
- TREND MICRO STANDS GUARD WITH NETWORK VIRUSWALL 1200. Ohlhorst, Frank J. // CRN;5/17/2004, Issue 1096, p38
Evaluates Trend Micro's Network VirusWall 1200, an appliance-based solution deployed at the network edge. Capabilities of VirusWall 1200; Features of VirusWall; Components of Trend Micro's appliance.
- Watching the Watchers. Johnson, Steven // Discover;Oct2003, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p24
Provides information on Government Information Awareness (GIA), a Web site developed by Ryan McKinley which empowers U.S. citizens to give information on political officials. Role of the GIA in inverting the idea behind the Total Information Awareness project of the administration of U.S...
- Security. Skratt, Alison // IEEE Internet Computing;May/Jun2005, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p15
This section presents an abstract of the article Spy Act: A License to Spy? by Andrew Conry-Murray featured in the March 2005 issue of Network Magazine.
- hacker tracker. // CRN;5/17/2004, Issue 1096, p38
Cites the top five Web security issues from April 26 to May 10, 2004. Vulnerabilities in Hewlett-Packard Web JetAdmin; Microsoft ASP malformed HTTP request information disclosure vulnerability; phpShop remote file inclusion vulnerability.
- A method of Authentication for Quantum Networks. Rass, Stefan // International Journal of Information Technology;2007, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p160
Quantum cryptography offers a way of key agreement, which is unbreakable by an eavesdropping adversary. Authentication is of crucial importance, as perfect secrecy is worthless if the identity of the addressee cannot be ensured before sending important information. Message authentication has...