A Holistic Approach to Physical and IT Security
- Not the Same Old Guard Tour. Hodgson, Karyn // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2008, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p41
The article discusses the relevance of guard tour systems in ensuring security in establishments. The security piece equipment is described as an essential information gathering tool which updates companies on vital information. The guard tour system logs the rounds of employees in a facility...
- Investing in protection. // Director;Jan2006, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p35
The article emphasizes the need of business enterprises for investing in efficient risk management systems. Comments on the negligence of business enterprises in providing security systems in their establishments are presented. The factors to consider in improving risk management systems are...
- Risk management process managed. Allen, Nick // Knowledge Management;Feb2001, p26
Describes strategies for risk management. Process for risk management; Knowledge management strategies; Relationship between the corporate risk manager and the traditional insurance broker; Overview of the knowledge organization. INSET: RICHNESS AND REACH.
- Calendar. // KM World;Jan2012, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p22
An editorial calendar of the journal "KMWorld" is presented from February to May 2012 is presented including the KMWorld's 100 Companies That Matter on March 12, big data report on April 12, and solutions for education on May 12.
- Knowledge management in the function of risk assessment. Nikolic, Bozo; Dakic, Jelena // Online Journal of Applied Knowledge Management;2015, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p150
This paper deals with knowledge management in the field of risk. It presents a diagram of the knowledge management process with its application to the area of risk assessment in occupational health and safety. There are examples of risk assessment in which knowledge management has been used as a...
- Risk assessment of knowledge management system. Ruzic-Dimitrijevic, Ljiljana // Online Journal of Applied Knowledge Management;2015, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p114
This paper considers the risk assessment in the field of knowledge management. Since knowledge management systems can be observed at the stage of implementation and use, the risks also differ. An overview of the factors critical to the success of a knowledge management system is presented, as...
- 3. Plan ahead to cut risk of major loss. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;1/10/94, Vol. 10 Issue 1, Strategic space planning p10
Discusses the need for facility managers to plan business operations. Examination of risk management program; Loss control factors; Importance of information.
- Public and Private Security: Bridging the Gap. Ritchey, Diane // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2010, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p18
The article discusses the significance of security partnership between the private and public sector in the U.S. It cites the initiative of the freight forwarder, Ryder Systems Inc. to host a U.S.-Mexico Border Security Conference to encourage information sharing between customers, business...
- The Risk Management Implications of Premises Security. Warfel, William J. // Risk Management (00355593);Nov2002, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p23
Discusses premises security lawsuits that has become another risk management responsibility. Buildings that have been the target of premises security lawsuits; Procedure followed in the premises security lawsuits; Approaches applied by the courts in evaluating whether a legal duty to protect...