Today: Convergence Moves to Identity Management Over the Internet
- Biometric Payment Ends After Vendor Files Bankruptcy. Garry, Michael // SN: Supermarket News;3/31/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 13, p1
This article reports on the move of Pay By Touch to pull out its finger-scan payment technology from supermarkets after its owner, Solidus Networks, filed for bankruptcy protection in the U.S. in December 2007. According to Gary Hawkins, owner of Green Hills Farms, Pay By Touch faced a challenge...
- Biometric touchscreen gets to grips with your prints. Marks, Paul // New Scientist;7/20/2013, Vol. 219 Issue 2926, p19
The article discusses a touchscreen display with fingerprint recognition sensors designed by researchers Christian Holz and Patrick Baudisch. The device consists of a glass screen made from millions of bundled optical fibers over an image projector and an infrared camera to capture light...
- Multi-Modal Feature Extraction Scheme for Hand Surface Verification Systems. R. Sumangali; B. Srinivasan; P. Narendran // International Archive of Applied Sciences & Technology;Jun2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p46
In computer security, biometrics specifies to validation schemes that rely on considerable substantial characteristics that can be routinely checked. It is utilized in security and admits control applications to indicate scientific physical characteristics and behaviors of a person that could be...
- Down to Business: The Analytics of Biometrics. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2013, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p48
The article offers information on access control applications in biometrics.
- Fuzzy Fingerprint Vault using Multiple Polynomials. Daesung Moon; Woo-Yong Choi; Kiyoung Moon // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;Nov2009, Issue 35, p109
Fuzzy fingerprint vault is a recently developed cryptographic construct based on the polynomial reconstruction problem to secure critical data with the fingerprint data. However, the previous researches are not applicable to the fingerprint having a few minutiae since they use a fixed degree of...
- Getting the 411 on Biometrics. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p48
Provides information on biometrics technology, the reading of a unique human physical attribute as data which is then applied to actuating a system. Passwords and personal identification numbers; Fingerprinting; Retinal scans; Capabilities of the BioMetric Fingerprint BLP-100 Pressure Sensitive...
- TRENDS in Fingerprint Recognition Systems. Klein, Kevin // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2003, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the use of biometrics-based devices for fingerprint recognition systems. Process of determining fingerprint; Advantages of the biometric identification; Estimation of the growth of biometrics revenue.
- Facing the future. Saccomano, Ann // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);5/26/2003, Vol. 4 Issue 21, p33
Deals with the obstacles to the implementation of biometric identification. Absence of international standard for biometric identification; Technological barriers in fingerprinting; Cultural concerns on the use of biometric identification. INSET: How some countries view biometrics.
- Sesam Ã¶ffne dich. Scharf, Armin // werk, bauen + wohnen;Jun2007, Issue 6, p22
Will keys soon be obsolete, leaving doors, gates and access channels that can be opened only by fingerprint? At the entrance to the zoo in Hanover cameras compare real faces with data stored on the season tickets, the aim being to prevent these cards being used by persons other than those they...