Emergency Passenger Communications
- Crying out loud. // Railway Gazette International;Oct2007, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p657
The article reports that Netherlands Railways (NS) has purchased a further 110 Minivox portable public address (PA) units from Anchor Audio for use by station staff in emergencies or power cuts in 2007. NS reportedly required a PA device which would not obstruct the users' view, and so adopted...
- How's Jolt for Third Rail? Applebaum, Michael // Brandweek;1/24/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p34
Presents information on an advertising sponsorship deal between the U.S. Metropolitan Transportation Authority and Octagon and Civic Entertainment Group for New York City's public transit system. Criticisms of marketing executives against the proposed renaming of subway lines; Possible use of...
- No more paper timetables. FENDER, KEITH // Modern Railways;Nov2010, Vol. 67 Issue 746, p85
The article reports on the plan of Netherlands Railways (NS) to terminate the publication of a printed version of its all-line railroad timetable from 2011 to 2010.
- Sprinter refit progresses . // Railway Gazette International;Mar2003, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p129
Presents updates on the development of Sprinter EMU train for Netherlands Railways company. Equipment and supplies installed in the train; Replacement of MAT64 stock used on short-distance stopping trains.
- NS to launch high-frequency timetable. // International Railway Journal;Sep2016, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p16
The article reports on the plan of railway line Netherlands Railways Ltd. to launch a high-frequency railway service on the corridor between Amsterdam and Eindhoven, Netherlands and increase train frequency on other routes in the country in December 2017.
- Untitled. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2003, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p119
Reports on the launch of dual-mode tram-train operations on Netherlands Railways' Rjin-Gouwe branch from Gouda to Alphen-aan-den-Rijn using a batch of A32 low-floor light rail vehicles supplied by Bombardier company and operated by HTM of Den Haag.
- NS station works. // Railway Gazette International;Jun2003, Vol. 159 Issue 6, p360
Reports on the improvement of railroad stations in the Netherlands. Stations built at Tilburg Reeshof and Almere Oostvaarder; Improvement in the main hall at Amsterdam Amstel; Bicycle hire scheme of Netherlands Railways.
- Hanze Line construction ready to start. Badcock, Peter // Railway Gazette International;Dec2006, Vol. 162 Issue 12, p798
The article discusses the construction of the Hanze Line between the existing terminus at Lelystad and the railway junction at Zwolle in the Netherlands. The line is a 50 kilometer link shortening the route from Amsterdam to the northern Dutch provinces. Netherlands Railways will run two...
- NS DEMUs go abroad. Badcock, Peter // Railways Illustrated;Oct2007, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p67
The article reports on the buying of six three-car DEMUs by the Bratislava regional operator from Netherlands Railways Ltd. (NS) in Slovakia. The railcars were built in the early 1960s with 42 units in 1987. Moreover, NS has embarked on an expensive program to re-engine and modernize the robust...