Merrill Grabs New Microfinance Tool
- Fuzzy Logic Approach to Credit Scoring for Micro Finances in Ghana. Ibn Abdulrahman, Umar Farouk; Panford, Joseph Kobina; Hayfron-Acquah, James Ben // International Journal of Computer Applications;May2014, Vol. 94, p11
This paper presents a fuzzy logic approach to credit scoring for Micro Finance. The research was necessitated as a result of the inability of many Micro Finance Institutions in Ghana to recover loans from their clients which is leading to their eventual collapse. It has been presumed that proper...
- Un Modelo de Credit Scoring para instituciones de microfinanzas en el marco de Basilea II. Cantón, Salvador Rayo; Rubio, Juan Lara; Blasco, David Camino // Journal of Economics, Finance & Administrative Science;Jun2010, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p89
The growth of microcredit worldwide along with international rules on capital requirements (Basel II) are increasing the competition between microfinance institutions (MFIs) and banks for this business segment. The bank system traditionally has relied on adequate credit scoring models to analyze...
- An Application of Credit Scoring Models to Microloans Issued in the US. White, Nancy A. // Proceedings for the Northeast Region Decision Sciences Institute;2014, p102
The article discusses the use of credit scoring models to microloans of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) granted in the U.S. through the Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI). Topics include borrowers's credit risk profiles from clients of CDFI and SMEs, the microloans to be...
- Ogden Reinvestment Corp. offers business loans for northern Utah entrepreneurs who don't qualify for conventional bank lending. Parkinson, Scott // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/29/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p9
This article focuses on Ogden Reinvestment Corp. (ORC), a nonprofit organization certified by the U.S. Department of Treasury as a Community Development Finance Institution (CDFI) to serve several counties in Utah. ORC is the only CDFI in the state that offers various financing products...
- Tax relief rules relaxed for deprived area loans. Grewal, Herpreet Kaur // Regeneration & Renewal;2/8/2008, p2
The article reports that the Community Investment Tax Relief scheme has been made less rigid for easy investment of micro-finance institutions in disadvantage areas in Great Britain. The tax relief scheme offers tax breaks to people who invest in accredited community development finance...
- The State of the Art in Credit Evaluation. Chhikara, Raj K. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec89, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p1138
Surveys the developments in the field of credit evaluation. Parametric and nonparametric credit scoring models; Discriminant analysis models; Forecast on research trends in credit evaluation.
- Moving Credit Into the Front Office: How Credit Risk Scoring Drives Revenues. Cundiff, Kelly // Business Credit;Mar2003, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p53
Explores the potential of automated credit risk scoring to move credit into the front office, to drive revenues and to generate top line growth. Challenges associated with order-to-cash process; Ways automated Web-based credit systems impact revenues.
- Credit scoring made easy. Tursman, Cindy // Business Credit;Feb1994, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p5
Presents a credit scoring model introduced by Richard Peterson, credit manager for domestic sales of ANGUS Chemical Company. Emphasis on financial statement information and payment information; Assumption of financial strength of companies with good pay background; Safe credit risks.
- How Many Scorecards Do I Need for My Business Lending Environment? Robida, Chuck; Gilkerson, Grant // Business Credit;Jun2000, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p36
Offers advice about credit scoring systems, a tool in the business lending industry to gain new customers, evaluate the creditworthiness of applicants and manage accounts. Choice between a generic and custom solution; Value from using a scoring system; Costs associated with development,...