PE Pair Up Hits Skids
- More Mergers of Buyout Firms on the Horizon? Harrison, Joan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Apr2005, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p40
Offers observation on the merger activities among private equity firms in the U.S. Top priorities for private equity firms; Significance of the merger deal between Apax Partners Inc. and Saunders Karp & Megrue; Information on the deal between AEA Investors and Aetos Capital.
- Apax Selling Stake To SWFs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/18/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 33, p10
The article reports on the plan of Apax Partners to chart its next move with the sale of a 10 percent stake to Australia Government Future Fund and Government of Singapore Investment Corp. Pte. Ltd. The sale of general partnership stake to a group of sovereign wealth investors is not ordinary...
- SKM Buys Party Chain. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Dec98, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the acquisition of Party Concepts Inc. by Saunders Karp & Megrue (SKM). Information on Party Concepts; Comments from SKM General Partner John Clark; Information on SKM.
- Charlotte Russe stores sold to N.Y. investors. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;10/28/96, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p7
Reports on the acquisition of Charlotte Russe, a women's retail chain of stores based in San Diego, by Saunders, Karp & Megrue (SKM) of New York. Who the company was purchased from; Comments from Alan Karp, principal in SKM.
- Cafe Rio chain sold to former Burger King exec, investment firm. Moon, Jacob // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/7/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the acquisition of the Orem, Utah-based restaurant chain Cafe Rio by former Burger King Corp. president Bob Nielsen and Saunders Karp & Megrue (SKM), a national private equity investment group. Plans in the operation of the restaurant chain; Locations in which several Cafe Rio chains...
- Comark Now Part of SKM Stable. Dunn, Brian // DNR: Daily News Record;2/14/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the acquisition of Comark Inc., a Mississauga, Ontario-based apparel retailer, by private equity firm Saunders Karp & Mergrue (SKM). Number of stores operated by the retailer; Value of other private equity funds managed by SKM; Significance of the deal to SKM.
- Private equity firms continue acquisitions. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;12/17/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 51, p17
The article reports on the continued acquisition activities by private equities in the U.S. in 2007. During the first half of 2007, private equity firms acquired several retail and wholesale brokers that had already experienced large growth due to their own acquisitions of other brokers. In...
- PRIVATE EQUITY PERSONALITY. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;10/1/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 40, pW26
The article reports on Jacqueline Reses, the head of the U.S. media group at Apax Partners & Co. Reses is one of the few women in the upper reaches of the private equity world. Earlier in 2007, she led the Apax team that won one of the most competitive private equity deals of recent years, the...
- City private equity firms scramble for pole position with Apax. Jordan, Dearbail // Lawyer;5/26/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p1
Reports that top private equity firm Apax Partners is considering setting up its first ever legal panel. Law firms interested in the contract.