Just Ask Engineering
- stopcock. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2215
A definition of the term "stopcock," which refers to a valve that regulates flow of fluid from a container, is presented.
- Hose line is it anyway? Sowman, Colin // PMJ: Plant Managers Journal;Jan2007, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p36
The article focuses on hydraulic hoses, a vital component to the efficient running of the fleet. Hydraulic hoses efficiently distribute power around most items of plant but can also be one of the biggest headaches in day-to-day operation. Three main elements to hydraulic hoses are core,...
- Tough test. Pierce, Julia // Engineer (00137758);7/14/2008, Vol. 293 Issue 7752, p42
The article reports on the utilization of hydraulic systems for carrying out various operations and applications. These include the use of wheel tractor equipped with hydrostatic drive for hoisting ship at Jadaf Dubai, development of the 692 hose line for forklift truck operators, and the...
- FLUID POWER. // New Equipment Digest;Jan2002, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p53
No abstract available.
- DETECTION AND ISOLATION OF LEAKAGE AND VALVE FAULTS IN HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS IN VARYING LOADING CONDITIONS, PART 2: FAULT DETECTION AND ISOLATION SCHEME. Nurmi, Jarmo; Mattila, Jouni // International Journal of Fluid Power;Mar2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p17
Leakages and valve faults are among the most common faults in hydraulic systems. This paper studies the real-time detection and isolation of certain leakage and valve faults based on the results obtained in part one. In the first part, the mathematical model of a hydraulic test bed was analysed...
- Electrohydraulic pressure control. Johnson, Jack L. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;May2005, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p18
Demonstrates the simplified schematic of a pressure control system. Characterization of the parasitic hydraulic capacitance caused by the compressible fluid contained in the volume whose pressure is being controlled; Interpretation of integration of the flow that passes through the control...
- Influence of Blocking Flow on Flow Characteristic of Electronic Expansion Valve. Liang, Caihua; Zhang, Xiaosong; Li, Xiuwei // AIP Conference Proceedings;2007, Vol. 914 Issue 1, p313
We study series of flow regime of the refrigerant in electronic expansion valve and make analysis on the flash evaporation and the cavitation erosion phenomenon. Our result shows that the flow of refrigerant in electronic expansion valve is blocking flow. We present the influence of blocking...
- Application of the Operation Regulation Mode in the HVAC Engineering Teaching. Maoren Li // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 667-679, p1663
In this paper, through the stages of operation of air conditioning, the air conditioning system, fan coil surface type heat exchanger with the problem as an example, discusses the method will run regulation applied to air conditioning technology teaching. The operation regulation is not only...
- FLUID POWER. // Design News;9/22/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 14, p87
Features tools for fluid mechanics. Pump/motor baseplates and guards from Wanner Engineering; 318 and 418 Series direct-acting solenoid valves from Humphrey Products; 600 series of brass ball valves from Marwin Ball Valves.