- Emery named FE/ISFSI Instructor of the Year. // Fire Engineering;Jul2013, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p42
The article reports that fire chief Mark C. Emery was honored with the "Fire Engineering"/International Society of Fire Service Instructors (ISFSI) George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award at the 2013 Fire Department Instructors Conference (FDIC) in Indianapolis, Indiana on April 25, 2013.
- 2013 Fire Chief of the Year nominations now open. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;5/14/2013, p6
The article calls for the nominations for "Fire Chief" magazine's annual Fire Chief of the Year Awards for 2013.
- Fire Chief Names 2005 Chiefs of the Year. // Fire Chief;Sep2005, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p14
Highlights the presentation of the annual Chief of the Year awards on August 12, 2005 at Fire-Rescue International in Denver, Colorado. Selection of Chief Shane Ray of the Pleasant View Volunteer Fire Department as the 2005 Volunteer Chief of the Year; 2005 Career Chief of the Year award...
- Chief of the Year Awards present opportunities to share good news. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Expert Blog;5/16/2013, p2
The author shares some good news and inspirational stories about the fire and emergency service in time for the nominations for the annual Fire Chief of the Year Award, described to be mostly about years of leadership and dedication and not just about a single incident or disaster.
- Minnesota Fire Officer of the Year. Farmer, Tim // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2006, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p49
Focuses on the new awards program approved by the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) Board of Directors. Persons qualified for the program; Factors considered in establishing the program; Selection criteria for the Fire Officer of the Year award.
- Fire Chief - Visalia, California. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;8/ 1/2012, p1
The article announces that Visalia Fire Department in California is in search for a Fire Chief.
- Fire Chief - Beaver Lake Volunteer Fire Department (Ark.). // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/19/2012, p2
The article announces that the Beaver Lake Volunteer Fire Department in Arkansas is accepting applications for the position of full-time Fire Chief as of October 2012.
- THE DEPARTMENT OFFICER AS CHANGE AGENT. Buckman, John M. // Fire Engineering;Apr2002, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p10
Provides tips on change implementation dealings of fire department leaders. Reduction of authority; Disruption of established work patterns; Elimination of some securities.
- Fire Service Accreditation, 1710, and Standards of Response. Bruegman, Randy R. // Public Management (00333611);Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p4
Comments on the history of the fire service. System of evaluation needed for fire services; Description of the self-assessment process formed by the International Association of Fire Chiefs; Function of the Commission on Fire Accreditation International; Alternative ways to judge the deployment...