CERTIFICATION IS MORE THAN JUST A CERTIFICATE
- EFO grads: Your help is needed to make rescheduled EFO Symposium a success. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;5/30/2013, p5
The article offers information on the 25th Annual Executive Fire Officer Program (EFOP) Symposium to be held on September 6-8, 2013.
- SEAL OF APPROVAL. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Aug2007, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p126
The article focuses on the distinctions regarding the qualifications of personnel who work on fire apparatus and other emergency vehicles under the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1911 in the U.S. Based on the standard, any person performing diagnostic checks, inspections or...
- Oregon offers certification for wildland interface firefighters. // Fire Engineering;Jan1999, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p32
Reports on the certification to be issued by Oregon's Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) for eligible structural firefighters. Effectivity of the program; Certification levels established by DPSST; Requirements for eligibility.
- Fire department, personal success requires perserverance. LeDuc, Todd // Fire Chief Expert Blog;9/19/2013, p7
The article focuses on attainment of success of a fire-service professional. The author relates his experience attending the annual awards ceremony of the Center for Performance Excellence in Chicago, Illinois to explore accreditation as a measure of success for professionals and organizations....
- Shear Genius. Cadogan, John // Motor;Jul2000, p24
Features Michael Carroll, Station Officer at the New South Wales Fire Brigades in New South Wales. Management of the brigade's Road Accident Rescue Team; Tools of Carroll's trade; Urban search and rescue kit.
- Fire Chief -- City of Coral Springs, Fla. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;11/18/2013, p5
The article announces the search for a fire chief who will lead the senior management team of the fire department of the City of Coral Springs in Florida, as of November 2013.
- Critical Condition. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Jul2004, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p6
Editorial. Reports on firefighter fatalities in the U.S. Crash fatalities; Need for fire department to follow rules of safety.
- Take Your Fire Chief to Lunch. Hoffbuhr, Jack W. // Journal: American Water Works Association;Dec2003, Vol. 95 Issue 12, p6
Identifies the lack of cooperation between water and fire departments in the U.S. Information on the dangerous warehouse fire in southwest Chicago, Illinois; Problems with water supply demand in rural areas; Solutions to facilitate cooperation between fire and water department personnel.
- New Fee Structure for Testing/Certification. Howes, Lori // UFRA Straight Tip;Jul2013, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p39
The article reports on the approval of the Utah Fire Prevention Board on a new fee structure for the certification office which will help relieve financial constraints of some fire departments and encourage candidates to better prepare for examinations.