Prepare for Wave of Equity Emigration
- FAIR Says Borders Too 'Open' Already. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;12/23/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p16
Reports on a study by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) about the implementation of open borders policy that would allow the free flow of people from country to country. Statement issued by FAIR executive director Dan Stein; Impact of the policy on tax-supported public...
- Canda: So Near, Yet So Far. Ramana, Venkat // Siliconindia;Nov2002, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p52
Focuses on Canada immigration. Benefits of working and living in Canada; Changes in the immigration law; Immigration process for H1-B visa.
- ON THE CONTRIBUTION OF OUT-MIGRATION TO CHANGES IN NET MIGRATION: A TIME SERIES CONFIRMATION OF BEALE'S CROSS-SECTIONAL RESULTS. Kriesberg, Ellis M.; Vining Jr., Daniel R. // Annals of Regional Science;Nov78, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
Recent cross-sectional studies of population migration patterns have consistently failed to find any relationship between the economic conditions prevalent in an area and the propensity of its inhabitants to emigrate. Changes in the rate of out-migration apparently occur only slowly as the age...
- MIGRATION ANALYSIS: THE ROLE OF GEOGRAPHIC SCALE. Gober-Meyers, Patricia // Annals of Regional Science;Nov78, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p52
The purpose of this paper is to empirically evaluate the effect of geographic scale on migration analysis by conducting similar migration studies at two levels of spatial aggregation. The analyses are concerned with the interrelationship between interregional population movement in the U.S. from...
- District states attract movers. // Fedgazette;Apr2000, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p23
Presents graphs pertaining to the migration statistics on district states in the United States between 1997 and 1998. Percentage of people who migrated in the time period; Ratio of emigration and immigration in Wisconsin.
- WELCOME TO AMERICA! // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);2/19/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 17, p2
Presents a guide for teaching students the history of immigration in the United States.
- This Coyote's Life. Spener, David // NACLA Report on the Americas;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p22
Discusses the life of a paid guide known commonly as a coyote who helps Mexican migrants enter the United States illegally. Details on the activities of a guide; Experiences of `El Carpintero,' a paid guide in Mexico.
- Foreign Aid as a Discipline on Illegal Immigration. Lecker, Tikva // International Advances in Economic Research;Aug2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p571
This paper deals with a sanctions policy toward reducing illegal immigration. Using a single-period game, it shows that by imposing a penalty on each apprehended illegal alien, the host country will increase the motivation of the source country to expend money for preventing illegal immigration....
- A COMPARISON OF YOUNG AND MIDDLE-AGED MIGRATION IN VENEZUELA. Levy, Mildred B.; Wadycki, Walter J. // Annals of Regional Science;Dec72, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p73
Compares young and middle-aged migration in Venezuela. Model of migration used in the study; Migration estimation by age and sex; Responsiveness of young subjects to opportunities measured by average wage and unemployment levels.