- Editor's Opinion: REMEMBER THE HEROES. Halton, Bobby // Fire Engineering;Sep2006, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p10
The article honors the firefighters of the Fire Department City of New York who responded to the explosion at the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. The firemen have been referred as heroes who risk their lives in an attempt to save people trapped in the two buildings before the total...
- Hitting Close to Home. Seydel, Carie A. // Airman;Sep2002, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p18
Relates personal experiences of relatives with loved ones victimized by the September 11 terrorist attack in the U.S. Reaction of family members to the collapse of the World Trade Center; Recollection of memories; Impact of the incident to the firemen of New York. INSET: Endowment fund honors...
- Local Heroes. Fierman, Daniel // Entertainment Weekly;9/28/2001, Issue 617, p4
Focuses on the firefighters of Engine Company 23 in Manhattan who died in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City.
- Buda honors fallen 9/11 brethren. Biundo, Jen // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);9/16/2009, Vol. 106 Issue 24, p4C
The article reports on the tribute given for the 343 fallen firefighters of the Buda Fire Department in Texas who were remembered during the 8th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
- Fallen firefighters of 2001 remembered. // Fire Engineering;Dec2002, Vol. 155 Issue 12, p40
Focuses on the presence of various firefighters on the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation Memorial Weekend in Washington D.C. Recognition of firefighters killed during the September 11 terrorist attack; Speakers at the event; Accounts on the reading of the names of the firefighters killed.
- The Firehouse Rules. Carter, Graydon // Vanity Fair;Mar2002, Issue 499, p72
Focuses on the significance of the fire fighters during the September 11 terrorist attacks in New York City. Impact of the incident on the image of the fire fighters Citations on the articles telling the bravery of the fire fighters Plans to film the role of the fire fighters during the attacks.
- AND MEN. Halberstam, David // Vanity Fair;Mar2002, Issue 499, p197
Focuses on the heroism of the fire men of Engine 40, Ladder 35 during the September 11 terrorist attacks in New York City. Details on the tragic deaths of the firemen; Impact of the deaths on their colleagues; Evaluation on the working system of the 40/35.
- Heroes Are More Than Statues in the Park. Coleman, Ronny J. // Fire Chief;Nov2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p34
Comments on remembrance of fire fighters who died in the 2003 September 11 terrorist attack in New York City. Dedication of a memorial; Remembrance of the catastrophic event; Offer of homage to fire fighters.
- Women firefighters struggle for first rung. Stern, Seth // Christian Science Monitor;12/3/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p18
Discusses the role of women in fire departments in the United States, in light of the death of firefighters in the terrorist attacks on the United States.