Clot thickens (or not)
- Blood Components for Hemostasis. Eldin, Karen W.; Teruya, Jun // Laboratory Medicine;Fall2012, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p237
We present an overview of revised indications and doses for routinely transfused blood components. Targeted blood component therapy is one of the earliest models of personalized medicine, striving to achieve the tenets of the right dose at the right time for the right reason to the right...
- Management Challenges of Liver Cirrhosis. Sadovsky, Richard // American Family Physician;2/15/2000, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p1127
Provides information on the study `Cirrhosis of Liver,' by B.S. Anand published in the August 1999 issue of the `Western Journal of Medicine.'
- Mercaptopurine. // Reactions Weekly;Aug2014, Vol. 1512 Issue 1, p27
The article presents a case study of a 12-year-old boy who was admitted to hospital for non-cirrhotic portal hypertension after being treated for Cohn's disease (CD).
- DECOMPENSATED CIRRHOSIS; PREVALENCE OF GASTRIC VARICES. Iqbal, Sarwat; Yousaf, Muhammad Haroon; Yousuf, Muhammad Ifitikhar; Wasim-Uddin // Professional Medical Journal;2015, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p1397
Cirrhosis with subsequent portal hypertension is a major health problem worldwide. Among various etiologies, HCV is the leading cause of chronic hepatocellular injury. Cirrhosis being the commonest cause of portal hypertension results in a spectrum of complications. Approximately 5-15% of...
- Idiopathic Presinusoidal Portal Hypertension (Banti's Syndrome). Polish, Edwin; Christie, John; Cohen, Arthur; Sullivan Jr., Benjamin // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr62, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p624
Presents the case of a 23-year-old Caucasian male that bears resemblance to the early stages of Banti's syndrome, characterized by splenomegaly and cirrhosis of the liver. Stages of the disease; Indications that the portal hypertension was presinusoidal in origin; Absence of neurological...
- Understanding portal hypertension. // American Family Physician;4/1/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p1861
Discusses information about portal hypertension. Meaning of portal hypertension; How it is caused by a condition called cirrhosis; Causes of cirrhosis; Treatments for cirrhosis and portal hypertension.
- Current concepts in platelet transfusion. Mohanty, Dipika // Asian Journal of Transfusion Science;Jan-Jun2009, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p18
This is the era of component therapy. Therefore there is a need for rational use of platelet concentrate. Lot of knowledge has been added recently in the field of platelet specially about the platelet rich plasma and its application in clinical practice. The current review focuses on improvement...
- Management of Patients Refractory to Platelet Transfusion. Sacher, Ronald A.; Kickler, Thomas S.; Schiffer, Charles A.; Sherman, Laurence A.; Bracey, Arthur W.; Shulman, Ira A. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Apr2003, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p409
Objective.--To present a current assessment and practical approach to the diagnosis and management of patients who are refractory to platelet transfusions. Design.--A task force was convened by the College of American Pathologists under the auspices of the Transfusion Medicine Resource Committee...
- Prognostic markers in patients with ascites and hepatorenal syndrome. Nazal, Leyla; Cárdenas, Andrés // Disease Markers;2011, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p139
No abstract available.