- Asymptomatic peptic ulcer disease. Dew, Michael J. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);8/15/1987, Vol. 295 Issue 6595, p401
Focuses on the diagnosis of asymptotic peptic ulcer disease. Treatment of the disease; Use of endoscopic or radiological screening for the discovery of peptic ulcer; Mortality rate of peptic ulcer disease.
- Gastric pain: An exercise in diagnosis. Surawicz, Christina M. // Cortlandt Forum;6/25/95, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p130
Reports on the diagnosis of a woman with gastric ulcer. Description of the woman's symptoms; Diagnostic guesses of a fellow, a resident and a medical student; Endoscopy as revealing a gastric ulcer. INSET: Of these multiple diagnostic possibilities, which is best?..
- Lip Lesion in a Solid Organ Transplant Recipient. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;5/1/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p1332
A photo quiz concerning the diagnosis of a disease in an organ transplant recipient having an ulcer on lower lip is presented.
- Sniff out ulcers. Wolfe, Yun Lee // Prevention;Jan97, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p53
Reports on the Meretek UBT Breath Test for detecting ulcers that are caused by the H. pylori bacteria. The success rate of the test; Its inability to detect ulcers due to other causes, like NSAIDs; Contact point for more information.
- Breath test for ulcer patients. // U.S. News & World Report;11/04/96, Vol. 121 Issue 18, p66
Mentions a new test designed to detect the bacterium that causes ulcers in as many as 80 percent of patients. The approval by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Chronic Ulceration on the Lower Extremity. JONES, BRANDON Q.; DALTON, SCOTT R. // American Family Physician;10/15/2014, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p571
The article presents a photo quiz about the diagnosis of a patient who has chronic ulceration on the lower extremity.
- Woman complains of red eye, irritation. Fein, Jordana G.; Wu, Helen K.; Raizman, Michael B. // Ocular Surgery News;6/25/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p38
The article discusses case study of a 51-year-old woman referred to the cornea service, complaining of a red and irritated right eye for 2 days with slight decrease in vision with ocular pain and foreign body sensation. Anterior segment examination of the right eye was notable for 2+...
- SOME ASPECTS OF THE PATHOLOGY OF PEPTIC ULCER. Berger, Arnold L. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1959, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p647
Presents an abstract of the study "The Pathology of Peptic Ulcer," by R. B. Baird.
- PANEL DISCUSSION ON THE MANAGEMENT OF GASTRIC ULCER. Pruitt, Francis W.; Wangensteen, Owen H.; Gants, Robert T.; Palmer, Eddy D.; Brick, Irving B. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1955, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p347
Presents a panel discussion on the management of gastric ulcer. Problem of gastric ulcer; Diagnosis of the disease; Treatment of the disease.