Threefold increased risk of infertility: a meta-analysis of infertility after ileal pouch anal anastomosis in ulcerative colitis
- Infertility risk triples after colitis surgery. // GP: General Practitioner;6/16/2006, p2
The article reports that according to U.S. researchers, a woman's risk of becoming infertile triples after surgery for ulcerative colitis (UC). Researchers re-analysed data from seven studies which looked at the risk of infertility associated with ileal pouch-anal anastomosis (IPAA), a surgical...
- Acardiac twin with different presentations: report of two cases. Sharbaf, F. Rahimi; Mirzaie, F.; Izadi mood, N. // Tehran University Medical Journal;Jun2009, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p226
Background: Acardiac twin is a rare complication affecting monozygotic twins and is related to the twin reversed atrial perfusion sequence (TRAP). The TRAP sequence involves a pump twin perfusing a recipient twin through vascular anastomosis. Here, we report two cases with different...
- Not just for men. Motluk, Alison // New Scientist;04/08/2000, Vol. 166 Issue 2233, p6
Reports on the findings of researchers from Sher Institute of Reproductive Medicine in Las Vegas, Nevada which reveals that the anti-impotence drug Viagra can help infertile women conceive. Effectiveness of the drug in improving dilating effects of nitric oxide on blood vessels; Role in...
- Second TIME AROUND. SACKS, MEG // Jacksonville Magazine;Oct2015, p50
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of struggling with infertility after losing several pregnancies.
- Unreviewed Reports. Cherry, John; Seymour, M.T.J.; Keith, A.O.; Mallick, U.K.; Singh, M.; Kaur, S.; Kell, R.J.A.; Ellis, M.E.; Lyn, P.C.W.; Teh, H.C. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);11/30/1985, Vol. 291 Issue 6508, p1542
Reports developments in medicine in Great Britain as of November 30, 1985. Diagnosis of autophony in pregnancy; Common complication of ulcerative colitis; Side effects of cisplatin.
- INFERTILITY: IDENTIFICATIONS AND DISRUPTIONS WITH THE MATERNAL OBJECT. Klempner, Linda G. // Clinical Social Work Journal;Summer92, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p193
For many women, infertility is the first major crisis of adulthood. Maternal identification provides a template for parenting and infertility disrupts the opportunity to recapitulate this relationship or make reparation for early failures. Supportive work is often useful to address the manifest...
- Oocyte donation. Bromwich, Peter // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/30/90, Vol. 300 Issue 6741, p1671
Focuses on the oocyte donation in Great Britain. Chance of pregnancy to infertile women; Difficulties of oocyte donation; Efficacy of the technique.
- HOW TO PROTECT YOUR FUTURE FERTILITY. Graves, Ginny // Cosmopolitan;Oct2003, Vol. 235 Issue 4, p254
Elaborates the causes of infertility in women, precautions to prevent it and consequently getting pregnant. INSETS: TEST YOUR FERTILITY;FERTILITY MYTHS EXPOSED;REASONS WHY HE MIGHT BE SHOOTING BLANKS.
- Infertility risk higher after ulcerative colitis surgery. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Dec2006, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p18
The article focuses on the findings of a study that women with severe ulcerative colitis who undergo colectomy with ileal pouch-anal anastomosis (IPAA) have higher infertility risk than women treated with medical management, conducted by Akbar Waljee of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor...