- Snoring Warning. Shaw, Elizabeth // Baby Talk;May2000, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p51
Warns that increased snoring during pregnancy may be an early sign of preeclampsia, according to Swedish study in the medical journal `Chest.'
- In my family, snoring has pretty much always been a spectator sport. White, Robb // Smithsonian;Oct96, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p150
Opinion. Reflects on various aspects of snoring. The occasion of the author's nose being broken and his snoring ending; The number of people who snore; The gimmicks and gadgets used to stop snoring; Anecdotes of the author's family's snoring problems.
- I am carnivore, hear me snore! // USA Today Magazine;Jan94, Vol. 122 Issue 2584, p9
Reports on the use of snoring as a defense system by man's ancestors, according to researchers at the Institute of Human Origins. Mimic of sounds of common predators.
- Putting snoring to bed. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Sep97, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p7
Presents remedies for snoring. Impact of weight loss; Likelihood of snoring in people with thick necks and double chins; Sleeping on one's side; Avoidance of alcohol and cigarettes.
- Makers of anti-snoring products create more noise for OTC category. Eder, Rob // Drug Store News;3/2/98, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p15
Focuses on the results of a survey by Mission Pharmacal on snoring problems in the United States. Percentage of respondents who said that their spouse's snoring affects their relationship; Anti-snoring products available in the market.
- Snoring: Not funny, not hopeless. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Mar1997, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p5
Provides information about the causes and treatment of problem snoring. Devices that can be used to cure snoring; Obstructive sleep apnea; Self-help remedies.
- Snoring is no joke! Heed this wake-up call for better health. Brunoski, Thomas T. // Health News & Review;1993, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p2
Discusses the possible causes of snoring. Characteristics of snorers; Symptom of sleep apnea; Difficulty of testing for food allergies.
- Silence is golden for spouses--and makers of snoring cures. Schoenstein, Ralph // Insight on the News;01/27/97, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p38
Presents some alternatives to stop snoring. Includes anti-snoring pillow and bandages; Snoring as a legal ground for divorce; Surgery to cure snoring.
- Why do I snore? Eugene, Toni // National Geographic World;Oct94, Issue 230, p39
Discusses why people snore when asleep. Cause.