Daclizumab, a humanised monoclonal antibody to the interleukin 2 receptor (CD25), for the treatment of moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis: a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled, dose ranging trial
- BASILIXIMAB FOR THE TREATMENT OF STEROID RESISTANT ULCERATIVE COLITIS. // Gut;Apr2004 Supplement 3, Vol. 53, pA97
Steroid resistance in ulcerative colitis (UC) presents a difficult clinical challenge, with few available therapeutic options other than colectomy. Basiliximab is a chimeric monoclonal antibody to the interleukin-2 receptors. This has potential as new treatment for this condition. The article...
- NICE gives positive signal to first biologic for UC. // Gastrointestinal Nursing;Dec2014/Jan2015, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p2
The article reports on the positive draft guidance issued by Great Britain's National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) to Entyvio or vedolizumab, a biologic drug developed by Takeda for the maintenance treatment of patients with ulcerative colitis. The NICE will issue its final...
- SURGICAL CURE OF ULCERATIVE COLITIS. Boehme, Earl J. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul1960, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p74
Discusses the surgical treatments for ulcerative colitis. Reason for a fewer number of patients undergoing surgery for ulcerative colitis; Implication of steroid administration in ulcerative colitis with colonic bleeding; Regimen of treatment with ulcerative colitis patients during remission...
- An Open-Labeled, Randomized Study Comparing Systemic Interferon-Î±-2A and Prednisolone Enemas in the Treatment of Left-Sided Ulcerative Colitis. Madsen, S. M.; Schlichting, P.; Davidsen, B.; Nielsen, O. H.; Federspiel, B.; Riis, P.; Munkholm, P. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun2001, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p1807
OBJECTIVE: The aim of this study was to compare the treatment efficacies of subcutaneous interferon-Î±-2A (IFN-Î±- 2A) injections versus prednisolone enemas in active left-sided ulcerative colitis in an open-labeled, randomized study. METHODS: Sixteen ulcerative colitis patients...
- A Prospective Randomized Observer-Blind 2-Year Trial of Azathioprine MonotherapyversusAzathioprine and Olsalazine for the Maintenance of Remission of Steroid-Dependent Ulcerative Colitis. Mantzaris, Gerassimos J.; Sfakianakis, Michael; Archavlis, Emmanuel; Petraki, Kalliopi; Christidou, Angeliki; Karagiannidis, Alexandros; Triadaphyllou, George // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun2004, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p1122
OBJECTIVE: The aim of this prospective study was to assess whether the coadministration of azathioprine (AZA) and olsalazine is superior to AZA monotherapy in maintaining remission of steroid-dependent ulcerative colitis (UC).METHODS: Patients with steroid-dependent UC in remission were...
- Sulfasalazine: II. Some Notes on the Discovery and Development of Salazopyrin. Svartz, Nanna // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May1988, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p497
Provides information on the discovery and development of the sulfa drug salazopyrin. Efficacy of the drug in the treatment of ulcerative colitis; Allergic reactions that are frequent during treatment with all sulfa drugs; Pharmacology of salazopyrin.
- Combined Therapy with 5-Aminosalicylic Acid Tablets and Enemas for Maintaining Remission in Ulcerative Colitis: A Randomized Double-Blind Study. D'Albasio, G.; Pacini, F.; Camarri, E.; Messori, A.; Trallori, G.; Bonanomi, A. G.; Bardazzi, G.; Milla, M.; Ferrero, S.; Biagini, M.; Quaranta, S.; Amorosi, A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul1997, Vol. 92 Issue 7, p1143
Objectives: To assess the efficacy of a combination of oral and topical 5-aminosalicylic acid (5-ASA) for the maintenance treatment of ulcerative colitis, we under-took a double-blind randomized clinical trial. Methods: Patients aged 18 to 65 yr (with disease extent greater than proctitis only)...
- Novel treatment for UC at a discount. // Gastrointestinal Nursing;Apr2015, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p12
The article reports that the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence has placed a condition on the use of Entyvio for the treatment of ulcerative colitis for manufacturers to offer a discount.
- Golimumab approved for ulcerative colitis. // WHO Drug Information;2013, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p115
The article reports on a 2013 decision that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration made to approve the drug golimumab to treat severe ulcerative colitis.