Released into the Wild: Advice from a Rookie CFP
- Career Center and Coach Match Make Good Things Happen. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2006 Supplement, p30
The article discusses Coach Match, a new addition to the Financial Planning Association's (FPA) Career Center service that partners coaches and mentors with individuals seeking career and knowledge development. Those looking to learn from a coach can search the FPA's web site to find the...
- Positioning Yourself as an Expert. Karasik, Paul // On Wall Street;Dec2003, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p79
Deals with the need for financial advisors to use the techniques of public relations to market their expertise. Suggestion for being successful in garnering high-net-worth clients; Need to develop an area of expertise; Importance of identifying media outlets and reporters.
- Managing Your Career. Kamberg, Mary-Lane // Women in Business;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p11
Presents tips on career management. Importance of social and business networking; How to enhance one's expertise and skills; Tips on making career moves.
- The Right Career Opportunity Could Be Right Under Your Nose. Britton, Gale // Women in Business;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p31
Focuses on the advantages and disadvantages of being a woman financial services associate. Qualities suitable for the position; Examples of women executives in the financial services industry; Factors to consider to ensure career development.
- Bear-Market Brides. Cass, Allen // On Wall Street;Sep2005, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p66
Warns brokers of the dumb things they can do when they are pressured at work. Attitudes of young investment advisors who were successful in closing deals; Lifestyle of hot advisers who have experienced failure; Stories of advisers who have experienced downturn in their performance.
- Veres Veritas. Clark, Bob // Financial Planning;Dec2001, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p101
Provides an overview of the report of Bob Veres, a veteran in the financial services industry, about strategies in running a successful financial planning practice without giving up one's ideals. Conversion to fees performed by commission-earning planners; Formation of strategic alliances;...
- THE CUTTING EDGE IN FINANCIAL SERVICES (Book). Wood, Sharon // Finance Week;5/31/2004 Supplement - Richer Life, p6
Reviews the book "The Cutting Edge in Financial Services," by Bob Veres.
- CUTTING EDGE CHAT. Wood, Sharon // Finance Week;8/2/2004 Supp Richer Life, p5
The article presents news for financial advisers and policy makers. Financial advisers are just a couple of months away from operating in a new regulatory environment. To help advisers make the transition and find out what happened internationally so that they can avoid the same pitfalls, the...
- Sushi Bars and Bait Shops: The Search for Definition. Walker, Lewis J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p36
This article discusses on the aspects of a successful financial planning profession in the U.S. It is true that some leaders in financial planning profession failed, some went to jail; others were driven out the business by lawsuit; while some others move to another industry. It was not nice to...