20 YEARS AGO
- NEW PROJECTS SUMMARY. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;3/7/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 481, p19
Presents a tabular representation of industrial projects in the chemical industry in Asia as of February 2005. Industrial capacity of the project of the Bahrain Petroleum Co. in Bahrain; Status of the project of Total Petrochemical in Singapore; Products of LG Chemical in India.
- Week in brief. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/13/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 2, p28
This section offers international chemical industry news briefs. A more than 50 percent growth was seen in the production capacity of oil and gas firm ExxonMobil in the Asia-Pacific region after the expansion of its manufacturing site in Singapore. South Korean chemical producer LG Chem lowered...
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;2/12/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 6, p12
Presents business and finance issues related to the chemical industry as of February 12, 2003. Decline in the ethylene production of Japan; Contract signed by Sinochem with the Shanghai Port Office; Earnings forecast from LG Chem.
- After chems, utilities as well? Richardson, John; Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;3/3/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 391, p9
Reports on the evaluation being conducted by LG Chem and Honam Petrochemical on whether to buy the utilities at the Daesan petrochemical complex along with the petrochemical assets that they are set to buy in March 2003. Status of the agreement signed by the companies to buy Hyundai...
- LG Acquires Hyundai's PVC Operation. Mollet, Andrew; Young, Ian // Chemical Week;12/6/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 45, p26
Deals with an agreement signed by LG Chemical Corp. for the acquisition of Hyundai Petrochemical's vinyls business in Korea as of December 6, 2000. Details on Hyundai's vinyls operation; Implications of the acquisition; Information on the polyvinyl chloride industry in Korea; Acquisition of a...
- Announcement on Phenol and BPA Cases. // China Chemical Reporter;12/6/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p5
The article announces LG Chem Ltd.'s acquisition of antidumping tariffs on phenol and bisphenol A (BPA) cases in China on November 22, 2007. The move follows LG Chem's merger with LG Petrochemical. It notes that imported phenol from LG Petrochemical previously has no antidumping duties, while...
- LG Chem to increase ethylene capacity, convert PS plant to ABS. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;10/24/2016, Vol. 178 Issue 27, p17
The article informs that chemical firm LG Chem has announced its plans to invest and expand its ethylene capacity at the company's Daesan, South Korea.
- Asia faces lighter cracker turnarounds in 2013. LOO, FELICIA; LEE, HELEN // ICIS Chemical Business;12/3/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 16, p14
The article reports on the lighter cracker turnaround facing Asia in 2013. According to the authors, an estimated 2.82 metric tonnes a year of ethylene capacity will be taken offline. A chart showing Asian cracker turnaround plans for 2013-2016 is presented, which includes petrochemicals...
- NEWSBRIEFS. // Chemical Week;1/18/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 2, p4
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry. An agreement was signed by LG Chem with Ford to supply lithium ion batteries for hybrid vehicles. There is a plan by Cereplast to relocate its corporate offices from Hawthorne, California to El Segundo and move its research and...