Lanxess ion exchange cleans biofuel
- Lanxess names new heads for three business units. // Paintindia;Oct2010, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p130
The article announces the appointment of the new heads of the three business units of Lanxess including Hubert Fink for the basic chemicals (BAC) business, Michael Zobel for the semi-crystalline products (SCP) business, and Jean-Marc Vesselle for the ion exchange resins (ION) business.
- Electroplating Wastewater Treatment Using Ion Exchange Technology. // China Chemical Reporter;5/16/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p15
The article reports on the development of a technology for electroplating wastewater treatment using ion exchange in Chongqing, China. After about a year of trials, the device can annually save 120,000 tons of wastewater and reclaim over 10 tons of materials like nickel and chromium. The...
- Sasol goes with Siyanda as biodiesel partner. Gordon, Michael // ICIS Chemical Business;11/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 43, p23
The article reports that Sasol has chosen Siyanda Biodiesel as its joint venture partner for a proposed biodiesel plant in South Africa. If approved, the plant is expected to be located at one of Sasol's existing sites in Secunda, Sasolburg or Newcastle. It will require 600,000 tonnes/ year of...
- LANXESS Highlights Innovation for "Green" Fuel-Biodiesel. // China Chemical Reporter;4/6/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p14
The article features the biodiesel stabilizer LANXESS Bay nox plus developed by LANXESS AG. It mentions that this technology can be utilized to improve the stability of pure diesel fuel. According to LANXESS anti-oxidant product developer Axel Ingendoh, oils extracted from non-edible plants are...
- Lanxess will base rubber strategy on technology. Shaw, David; White, Liz // European Rubber Journal;Dec2004, Vol. 186 Issue 12, p12
Focuses on the efforts of Lanxess, a subgroup of Bayer, to add value to the rubber products it sells to its customers. Aim of the company for its rubber business; Production capacity of Lanxess' facility in Dormagen, Germany; Information on Lanxess' Therban advance technology.
- Focus on megatrends. Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business;10/11/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 12, p35
The article presents information on a new central innovation group created by chemical producer LANXESS AG in association with CRA International Inc. to boost research & development (R&D). It is stated that a comprehensive review of its innovation capability and strategy in 2008 was done by the...
- Lanxess tests new types of CR production. // European Rubber Journal;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 191 Issue 5, p36
The article informs that a production system has been developed by Lanxess AG to make new types of polychloroprene rubber. Before making a decision on implementing the new technology at its manufacturing units, the company is testing the market for this technology.
- Innovations. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/4/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 69, p37
This section offers news briefs related to innovations in the chemical industry. Rohm and Haas will spend part of its research and development budget for 2007 on sustainability efforts, including new product development, energy efficiency and process improvements. Lanxess is planning to build a...
- Mixotrophic Cultivation of Microalgae for Biodiesel Production: Status and Prospects. Wang, Jinghan; Yang, Haizhen; Wang, Feng // Applied Biochemistry & Biotechnology;Apr2014, Vol. 172 Issue 7, p3307
Biodiesel from microalgae provides a promising alternative for biofuel production. Microalgae can be produced under three major cultivation modes, namely photoautotrophic cultivation, heterotrophic cultivation, and mixotrophic cultivation. Potentials and practices of biodiesel production from...