Hydro pushes safer business practice
- Hydro expands PVC capacity in the U.K. and Norway. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;12/7/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 22, p21
Reports on the plans of Norsk Hydro AS to expand its existing polyvinyl chloride (PVC) manufacturing plants in Great Britain and Norway. Estimated amount allotted for the investment program; Review of plans to increase another PVC plant at Stenungsund, Sweden; Distinction of Norks Hydro as...
- EVC, Norsk drop PVC venture. Higgs, Richard // Plastics News;10/26/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 37, p3
Reports that EVC International NV and Norsk Hydro AS have dropped plans to merge their polyvinyl chloride interests. Reason for the move; Occurrence of investment-plan differences between the two companies; Consideration of alternative partnership deals.
- U.K. Producers Forge Charter with Retailers. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;4/28/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 16, p26
Reports that British polyvinyl chloride (PVC) producers, Norsk Hydro and EVC International, have agreed to form an environmental charter with retailers that use PVC food wraps. Significance of the charter; Comments from Jonathan Poritt of Forum for the Future on the PVC; Remarks from John...
- PVC Makers Unveil Enviro Charter. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;05/10/99, Vol. 255 Issue 19, p8
Looks at a voluntary agreement between polyvinyl producers EVC International and Norsk Hydro company. Focus of the agreement; Coordinating group that will implement the charter.
- EVC to merge with Norsk Hydro to create massive PVC producer. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;07/13/98, Vol. 254 Issue 2, p8
Reports that Europe's market leader in PVC, EVC International is planning to merge with Norsk Hydro's petrochemical division to create a leading integrated global player in the vinyl sector. Conditions under the deal between the companies; Total PVC capacity of the business entity resulting...
- EVC and Norsk Hydro maintain merger momentum. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/15/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 26, p7
Focuses on the move of the EVC International company for signing a letter of intent to merge with most of Norsk Hydro's petrochemical activities. Financial data of two companies; Implication of the deal on EVC International's position in Europe's polyvinyl chloride (PVC) market; Terms of the...
- Norsk Hydro develops Indian PVC project. // Chemical Week;4/9/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 14, p21
Reports that WS Group has joined Norsk Hydro and Tamilnadu Industrial Development in a project to build a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plant in Cuddalore. Shipment of vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) feedstock; Hydro's top priority investment.
- EVC and Norsk Hydro call off PVC merger talks. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;10/28/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 40, p20
States that the merger discussion on the polyvinyl chloride businesses of EVC International NV and Norsk Hydro AS have been terminated. Details on the proposed deal; Reason for the cancellation of the deal; Comment from the company officials.
- European Fertilizer Makers Consider Options. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;10/25/1999, Vol. 256 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the decision of Norsk Hydro to change its business strategy as a result of the unfavorable performance of its fertilizer business. Operating loss of the company's fertilizer division; Factors affecting agribusiness in Europe.