Doctors take issue on Reach consequences
- Going Green. // Math & Science Word Puzzles;2010, p16
A puzzle related to pollution and green movement is presented.
- Tropics of Cancer. // Earth Island Journal;Winter2008, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p13
The article reports that the use of chlordecone, a prohibited pesticide in the banana plantations of the French Caribbean has contributed to a health disaster on the islands of Guadeloupe and Martinique. Until 2002, many plantations continued to spray a pesticide called chlordecone to control...
- Endangered Means There's Still Time, But We Must Take Action Now. Hair, Jay D. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Feb/Mar90, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p31
Reflects on the 20th anniversary of Earth Day, which was first held on April 22, 1970, and signaled the birth of the modern environmental movement in the United States. Environmental problems that humanity continues to face; Need for environmentalists to rely more on themselves and their...
- The WATCHDOG. Novick, Michael // EPA Journal;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p51
Discusses the efforts of the group called the WATCHDOG against air pollution in California. Significance of the findings of pathologist Russell Sherwin on the lung abnormalities in the autopsies of 100 black and Latino youths; Group's formation of the Social Equity Coalition to seek amendments...
- Environmental Deterioration in Eastern Europe. Zvosec, Christine L. // World Affairs;Fall84, Vol. 147 Issue 2, p97
Investigates environmental deterioration in Eastern Europe. Nature of environmental pollution; Factors that contribute to environmental deterioration; Reasons for the unsuccessful efforts to monitor and control pollution; Formation of environmental interest groups.
- OC'S ENVIRONMENTAL GROUPS. // Orange County Business Journal;03/06/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p23
Presents a list of groups that are trying to preserve, protect or clean up the natural environment in Orange County, California. Includes Adopt-a-Beach; Bolsa Chica Land Trust; Dana Point Headlands; Laguna Canyon Conservancy; Orange County Coastkeeper.
- U.K. activists form coalition. SCOTT, ALEX // Chemical Week;12/2/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 45, p24
Focuses on a coalition of environmental activist groups calling for the creation of a chemicals licensing system. Campaign against chemicals suspected of being endocrine disrupters; Remarks from the coalition.
- Adapt and survive. Pullin, John // Environmental Engineering;Feb2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p1
The author comments on the challenge for the environmental engineering profession to look at actions that may mitigate the effects of global warming and to adapt current practices and policies to the changing world. He says that majority of scientists and engineers are convinced that the use of...
- Green Cleaning: One Component of Worker Health. Sawchuk, Mike // Professional Safety;Mar2009, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p42
The article provides information on the best practices on improving indoor air quality (IAQ) and minimizing its ill effects on the health of building users and protecting their overall safety and health in the U.S. The author states that cleaning process must be standardized and turned into a...