Railion bridges Germany/Russia divide
- Danzas, DFDS link. // Traffic World;09/21/98, Vol. 255 Issue 12, p48
Looks at the partnership of global logistics provider Danzas Group with shipping and transport company DFDS A/S to build an integrated European transportation network. Terms of the agreement; Brief information on the Transport Division of DFDS.
- Competing on the Channel. Mott, David // International Cruise & Ferry Review;Autumn/Winter2012, p96
The article discusses the Danish ferry company DFDS Group's development of a European shipping and logistics network according to president and chief executive officer Niels Smedegaard. Topics addressed include a joint venture with LD Lines to reinforce a wider presence on the English Channel,...
- END TO DISPUTE. // Modern Railways;Oct2015, Vol. 72 Issue 805, p19
The article reports that the agreement between French government and channel passenger and freight ferry company MyFerryLink that operates in Calais has reached to an end and mentioned on the transferring of operation for the MyFerryLink vessels to shipping and logistics company DFDS.
- INTELLIGENCE. // Railway Gazette International;Feb2004, Vol. 160 Issue 2, p68
Presents an update on railways of several countries as of February 2004. Company that succeeded as the operator of the Benguela Railway in Angola; Completion of tracklaying on the Nanjing-Hai'an section of the 357 kilometer Nanjing-Qidong railway in China; Percentage of acquired stake in...
- Overseas. Harrier, Geoffrey // PowerShips;Winter2011, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p62
The article offers news briefs related to ships. New orders for large ferries have remained to be slow in spite of the aging of many fleets. DFDS A/S will complete the takeover of Norfolkline BV from A.P. Moller-Maersk Group A/S on July 12, 2012. KÃ¶ln-DÃ¼sseldorefer has requested a...
- INTELLIGENCE. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2007, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p130
The article presents an update on the railroad transport industry. A replacement bridge across the Murrumbidgee at Wagga Wagga in New South Wales was opened on January 3, 2007. Metronom is going to take over services on regional lines from Hamburg to LÃ¼neburg and Tostedt in Germany in...
- DB Cargo broken up. // Railway Gazette International;Oct2003, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p610
Highlights the decision of German Railway to rename its DB Cargo freight business into Railion Deutschland in October 2003. Rationale behind the move; Estimation of the annual bulk of freight handled by the Railion group; Background on organizational changes following the renaming of the company.
- German tenders re-called. // Railway Gazette International;Oct2003, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p611
Focuses on the announcement made by German Railway that it will call tenders early in 2004 for the supply of diesel locomotives for its freight subsidiary Railion Deutschland. Factor which may increase the total value of the package; Reason for the re-issuance of tenders for the contracts for...
- Railion ups workload this year. // European Chemical News;9/8/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2067, p16
Reports on the volume of goods transported by Netherlands-based Railion during the first half of 2003. Increase in the same period in 2002; Decline in volumes in the chemicals sector; Decrease in the volume of container transport; Growth in the bulk goods sector.