Railion bridges Germany/Russia divide
- Danzas, DFDS link. // Traffic World;09/21/98, Vol. 255 Issue 12, p48
Looks at the partnership of global logistics provider Danzas Group with shipping and transport company DFDS A/S to build an integrated European transportation network. Terms of the agreement; Brief information on the Transport Division of DFDS.
- END TO DISPUTE. // Modern Railways;Oct2015, Vol. 72 Issue 805, p19
The article reports that the agreement between French government and channel passenger and freight ferry company MyFerryLink that operates in Calais has reached to an end and mentioned on the transferring of operation for the MyFerryLink vessels to shipping and logistics company DFDS.
- Competing on the Channel. Mott, David // International Cruise & Ferry Review;Autumn/Winter2012, p96
The article discusses the Danish ferry company DFDS Group's development of a European shipping and logistics network according to president and chief executive officer Niels Smedegaard. Topics addressed include a joint venture with LD Lines to reinforce a wider presence on the English Channel,...
- INTELLIGENCE. // Railway Gazette International;Feb2004, Vol. 160 Issue 2, p68
Presents an update on railways of several countries as of February 2004. Company that succeeded as the operator of the Benguela Railway in Angola; Completion of tracklaying on the Nanjing-Hai'an section of the 357 kilometer Nanjing-Qidong railway in China; Percentage of acquired stake in...
- INTELLIGENCE. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2007, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p130
The article presents an update on the railroad transport industry. A replacement bridge across the Murrumbidgee at Wagga Wagga in New South Wales was opened on January 3, 2007. Metronom is going to take over services on regional lines from Hamburg to LÃ¼neburg and Tostedt in Germany in...
- Overseas. Harrier, Geoffrey // PowerShips;Winter2011, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p62
The article offers news briefs related to ships. New orders for large ferries have remained to be slow in spite of the aging of many fleets. DFDS A/S will complete the takeover of Norfolkline BV from A.P. Moller-Maersk Group A/S on July 12, 2012. KÃ¶ln-DÃ¼sseldorefer has requested a...
- Railion and PCC form Polish venture. // Railway Gazette International;Apr2007, Vol. 163 Issue 4, p183
The article reports on the plan of Railion Deutschland AG and PCC Rail SA to form a joint raft freight company under the name East West Railways to focus on cross-border operations between Germany and Poland. The new venture is expected to begin operations in the second half of 2007, using up to...
- MARKET. // Railway Gazette International;Apr2008, Vol. 164 Issue 4, p214
The section offers news briefs concerning the railroad industry. Nextiva Internet Protocol (IP) video networking from Verint Systems is to be deployed on the Beijing-Tianjin high speed line in China. Railion Deutschland will transport the first of 60 000 pipes destined for the Baltic Sea gas...
- DB Cargo broken up. // Railway Gazette International;Oct2003, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p610
Highlights the decision of German Railway to rename its DB Cargo freight business into Railion Deutschland in October 2003. Rationale behind the move; Estimation of the annual bulk of freight handled by the Railion group; Background on organizational changes following the renaming of the company.