PARAXYLENE HORROR SHOW IS NOT OVER YET
- Prices Flat As Supply Stays Ample. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;1/24/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 4, p43
Reports on the prices for xylenes as of January 2001. Factors influencing the market.
- Para-Xylene Falls on Weak Demand. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;12/12/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 45, p30
Reports the decline in para-xylene prices in the United States for the fourth quarter of the year 2001. Reasons for the decline; Status of the market in Asia.
- Producers Regain Lost Ground. Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;10/13/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 38, p49
Presents information on ortho-xylene prices in Europe. Percentage increase in contract price for the fourth-quarter of 1999; Improvements in the o-xylene market.
- Global xylenes prices headed up. // Chemical Business;Jul99, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p68
Focuses on the efforts of producers of para- and ortho-xylene to raise the price of the chemical to keep up with rising raw material costs in 1999. Price increase proposed by producers; Contract price of ortho-xylene.
- Market heats up, capacities rise. Cornitius, Tim // Chemical Week;2/15/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the continuing increase in the price of para-xylene in the United States. Comment by Bob Genovese, product manager/aromatics at Amoco Corp.; Growth in demand for para-xylene; Forecasts on the demand for para-xylene.
- Producers cut p-xylene rates as prices crash. Thomas, Nick // Chemical Week;7/3/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 26, p20
Reports that producers in Western Europe have either cut back operating rates or suspended production of their paraxylene units due to the depressed state of the market. Prices quoted on the spot market; Emergence of the Far East as an important paraxylene exporter as one reason for the price...
- First-quarter settlement leaves both sides unhappy. Morris, Gregory D.L. // Chemical Week;2/19/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 7, p13
Reports on the settlement of para-xylene contract prices on the U.S. Gulf Coast for the first quarter of 1997. Dissatisfaction of both producers and buyers regarding the contract prices; Tight market for mixed xylenes because of cutbacks in reformer operations.
- The Second Quarter Is Wide Open. Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;3/17/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 10, p25
Focuses on the 1999 second-quarter price discussion of Europe for para-xylene that have stated a wide split between producers and consumers. Reason cited by European producers for the price reduction; Caution of some analysts against seeking large price reduction.
- Xylenes Prices Headed Up. Adams, Jarret; Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;5/19/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 19, p52
Reports that producers of para- and ortho-xylene are trying to raise prices to keep with the rising raw material costs. Proposed increases for para-xylene products; Price of o-xylene contracts for April 1999 in the United States; Price of Asian-oxylene products.