European EO up on tight supply
- US Market Overview. // USA Petrochemicals Report;Q4 2010, p17
The article presents an overview of the U.S. petrochemicals market. Recessions in the U.S., Europe and Japan have affected the U.S. petrochemical industry, with more companies forced to reduce rates, lay off workers and cut budgets. The closure of ethylene crackers resulted in an industry...
- Blizzard Is Good News for Calcium Chloride Producers. Van Savage, Eleanor // Chemical Market Reporter;2/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 8, p23
Presents an overview of the calcium chloride chemical industry in North America for the year 2003. Pricing; Market conditions; Chemical plant shutdowns; Inventories; Chemical production and demand.
- Producers push price hikes. // European Chemical News;6/16/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2057, p10
Focuses on the attempts of European ethanolamines producers to achieve price hikes throughout the second quarter of 2003. Status of prices in the market; Demand from key sectors such as construction, solvents and conditioning products; Expectations of industry players from the demand for...
- Wilton - crisis or transformation? // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Sep2009, Issue 819, p9
The article discusses some business developments at Wilton chemical site in Teesside, Great Britain. It discusses issues involving the open-access industrial biotechnology demonstrator facility backed by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) of Great Britain and the expansion...
- China amines face price pressure. Loo, Felicia // ICIS Chemical Business;9/15/2014, Issue 3074, p1
The article reports that despite reduced supply from plant shutdowns and higher feedstock ethylene oxide (EO) prices, weak downstream demand has resulted in spot prices of ethanolamines facing downward pressure in China. Topics discussed include decline in domestic diethanolamines (DEA) prices...
- SPECIALTIES. // Chemical Week;5/31/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 13, p25
This section offers news briefs concerning the specialty chemicals sector, which include a plant shutdown by Evonik and price increases by Arkema.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;3/17/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2044, p12
Presents news briefs related to the market performance of chemical companies as of March 17, 2003. Suspension of production at the linear alpha olefins plant of BP Amoco in Pasadena, Texas; Price increase proposal of DuPont Titanium; Shutdown of the adiphic acid plant of Rhodia in ChalampÃ©,...
- MARKET REPORT: NEWS IN BRIEF. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;6/9/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2056, p10
Presents market news briefs related to the chemical industry as of June 9, 2003. Indefinite suspension of production at the electrolyte manganese dioxide facility of Kerr-McGee in Nevada; Proposal of Akzo Nobel to increase its prices for phosphate ester flame retardants and plasticisers;...
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;5/1/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 18, p39
Provides an update on the chemical industry in the U.S. as of May 2002. Prices of chlorine posted by Pioneer; Decision of Vulcan Chemicals to shut its alkali plant in Wichita, Kansas; Prices of compounded nylon posted by BASF.