MGC could make DME in Papua New Guinea
- Mitsubishi to Expand Methanol in Venezuela. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;1/3/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 1, p11
The article details the plan of Mitsubishi Corp. and Mitsubishi Gas Chemical (MGC) to expand methanol capacity at Metanol de Oriente, their joint venture with Pequiven, by 850,000 m.t./year, in Venezuela. According to Mitsubishi and MGC, total investment in the expansion is approximately $400...
- MGC delays Venezuela 850ktpa methanol startup to 2005-06. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;3/17/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 393, p18
Reports on the delay of the Mitsubishi Gas Chemical methanol project in Venezuela, as of March 2003. Information on supposed schedule of project start up; Reason behind the delay; Outlook for the company.
- Japanese firms confirm plans for petchem project in Trinidad and Tobago. RAMESH, DEEPTI // Chemical Week;4/8/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 11, p6
The article reports that the chemical industry firm Mitsubishi Gas Chemical and its parent corporation Mitsubishi Corp. announced they are close to an agreement with Trinidad & Tobago on the construction of a petroleum chemicals plant in that country.
- MGC Shanghai Subsidiary Begins Commercial Operations. // China Chemical Reporter;5/6/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p9
The article focuses on the move of Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Co. Inc. (MGC) to start the commercial operation of its subsidiary Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Shanghai Commerce Ltd. in China. It states that Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Shanghai Commerce Ltd. will handle product sales and materials procurement...
- MGC looks beyond Australia for DME. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;8/16/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 456, p19
Announces that Mitsubishi Gas Chemical (MGC) is considering other countries besides Australia as the location for its dimethyl ether project in 2004. Negotiations between MGC and Australian authorities on incentives for the project; Factors which discouraged investors from building plants in...
- Growing home and abroad. Meyer, Bruce // Rubber & Plastics News;6/26/2006, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p6
The article reports that the McLube Division of McGee Industries is planning to build a plant in India. McLube has had manufacturing in India for about four years and this will be its third move. The firm doubled its Asian business in 2005 with India and China being the largest markets and...
- Bio-resin JV sets launch date. Griswold, Matt // Plastics News;2/20/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p3
The article reports on the decision of Metabolix Inc. and Archer Daniels Midland Co. to build a bio-resin plant. They tout their natural plastic as the first commercially viable 100 percent organic plastic. Both Metabolix and ADM officials said that the goal is to have the plant operating in...
- Mitsubishi Plans to Invest $180 Million For Polycarbonate, Polyacetal Expansions. McPadden, Mike // Chemical Market Reporter;7/30/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 5, p18
Reports that Mitsubishi Chemical Corp. and Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Co. Inc. plan to increase their polycarbonate and polyacetal output in Thailand. Investment in plant expansions; Financiers of the expansion; Major upgrade made at Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company's Kashima, Japan plant in 2001.
- Sitting pretty. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;2/21/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 479, p15
Discusses the benefits of price hikes and the balance of supply and demand to petroleum chemical companies in Japan. Increase in the operating profit reported by Mitsubishi Gas Chemical; Background on the joint ventures of chemical companies in 2004; Outlook for the industry.