Pemex set to increase petrochemicals output
- Mexican remix. Bianchi, Monica; Harries-Rees, Karen // European Chemical News;8/4/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2064, p18
Reports on the reactivation of investments into the Mexican petrochemical industry as of August 2003, which was affected by currency devaluation. Delay in the launch of a petrochemicals complex in Coatzacoalcos; Appointment of Rafael Beverido Lomelin at the helm of Pemex Petroquimica; Increase...
- Poor performance underscores need for petchems sell-off. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;5/20/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 19, p16
Presents information on the loss during the first quarter of 1998 by the petrochemical division of Pemex company as announced by Adrian Lajous, director general of Mexican state oil company Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex). Data on Pemex's petrochemical earnings; Cause of high costs.
- Untitled. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;10/23/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 40, p16
The article reports on the explosion at the petrochemicals complex of Pemex in Pajaritos, in Mexico's Gulf coast state of Veracruz. The explosion occurred while the tanker, named Ouetzalcoatl, was undergoing repairs at the complex's marine terminal. The blast killed two workers from repair...
- WORLD SCENE. // Chemical Business;Apr2002, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p41
Presents updates on chemical industries around the world as of April 2002. Development of biodiesel fuel from soybean soapstock by the Agricultural Research Service in Wyndmoor, Panama; Plans of oil company Pemex for building an ethylene cracker in Mexico; Details on a decrease in the net...
- Mexico hears opposition to Pemex sell-off. // Chemical Week;1/31/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p7
Reports that criticism was heard from opposition party leaders by Mexican Congress about the sale of the petrochemical plants owned by Pemex. Reason for postponement of sale.
- Pemex postpones auction. // Chemical Week;4/17/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 15, p5
Reports that Mexico's state oil group Pemex has postponed its announcement of the winning bid for the ammonia complex in Cosoleacaque, Veracruz state in Mexico.
- Pemex sell-off `not-shelved'. // Chemical Week;5/29/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 21, p5
Reports that Pemex has no plans to shelve the proposed sale of state-owned petrochemical plants, according to energy ministry in Mexico.
- Calderon set to boost Mexico's petchem sector. Jagger, Anna // ICIS Chemical Business;7/10/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 27, p14
The article reports on the plan of Mexican president Felipe Calderon to boost the petrochemical sector in Mexico by increasing investment and reforming the energy sector. According to Eduardo de la Tijera, president of the Mexican Plastics Industry Association, Calderon is more inclined to...
- Congress would limit foreign investment in Pemex privatization. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;3/13/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p13
Reports that a Mexican Congressional subcommittee has ruled that the privatization of Pemex does not violate the constitution. Recommendations on the percentage of properties to be kept in Mexican hands; Implication of the limit on foreign ownership.