DuPont back in the black
- DuPont profit up, sales light. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/29/2014, pA02
The Wilmington, Del., technology and chemicals company reported a 20% jump in earnings per share to 54 cents, a penny better than expected.
- A Decade of DuPont Ratio Performance. HASKINS, MARK E. // Management Accounting Quarterly;Winter2013, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p24
The article offers insights from a study on DuPont and how its financial ratios have changed in the 21st century in the U.S. The results of the study provide indicators which are useful for financial benchmarking for companies that are operating in each industry group. The data also shows...
- DuPont posts gain, but guides lower. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;1/29/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on an increase in the fourth-quarter profits posted by Dupont. Profits of the company jumped to $418 million as compared to $123 million a year ago. Earnings per share matched the estimates of Wall Street. A 2% increase in selling prices and 4% gains in volumes are also...
- DuPont Reports 12% Sales Increase. // Nonwovens Industry;Mar2004, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p120
This article reports on the increase in sales for the E. I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. in the U.S. as of 2003. It notes that income before the cumulative effect of accounting changes was $1.2 billion versus $1.8 billion. Fourth quarter consolidated net sales rose 14% to $6.5 billion compared to...
- DuPont Reports Results. // Nonwovens Industry;Dec2004, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p72
Sales increased 10% to $6.4 billion for DuPont during the third quarter of 2004. Net income was $331 million compared to a loss of $873 million in 2003. In the Safety and Protection business unit, which contains the chemical giant's nonwovens business, sales increased 19% to reach $1.2 million.
- DuPont Lifts Earnings Outlook. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;1/7/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the increase in 2007 full-year earnings outlook made by DuPont. DuPont increased its outlook citing stronger business results in the fourth quarter despite a slower U.S. economy. The company also raised its expectations for 2008. DuPont expects full-year 2007 earnings to...
- DuPont Sales Up 11%. // Nonwovens Industry;Jun2005, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p71
Reports on the financial performance of DuPont for the first quarter of 2005.
- DuPont profits on the up. Davis, Nigel; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;4/30/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 64, p6
The article reports on the financial results of Dupont for the first quarter of 2007. It has recorded first-quarter operating profits 20% higher at $1.58 billion. Sales were up 6% at $7.85 billion. Higher seeds sales, stronger pharmaceuticals income, fixed-cost productivity gains and a...
- DuPont's announces fourth quarter 2007 business segment performance. // Chemical Business;Feb2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p84
The article focuses on the business segment performance of DuPont for the fourth quarter of 2007. Sales of the coatings and color technologies increased to US$ 1.7 billion with broad-based sales increases outside the U.S. Meanwhile, sales of electronic and communication technologies increased to...