Huntsman expands Asian effects
- Huntsman Restructures Textile Effects Unit, Cuts 470 Jobs. SEEWALD, NANCY // Chemical Week;12/1/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 37, p9
The article announces the plan of Huntsman to restructure its textile effects business around two global market segments, namely apparel and home textiles and specialty textiles. The move will result in the removal of about 470 jobs, about 13 percent of the unit's total. The plan is the second...
- Major Elements of Burlington's Restructuring. McCurry, John W. // Textile World;Feb99, Vol. 149 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the restructuring program of fabric maker Burlington. Two businesses that will be combined by the company; Reduction of United States fabrics capacity; Plants that will be closed by the company.
- Huntsman to close polystyrene units as oversupply takes... McCoy, Michael // Chemical Market Reporter;11/10/97, Vol. 252 Issue 19, p1
Focuses on the closing of Huntsman Corp. of its polysterene plant. Reason for the closure; Capacity of the plant.
- Hunstman closes Australian styrenics. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Oct2009, Issue 820, p11
The article reports on the decision of Huntsman to close its styrenics plant in West Footscray, Victoria in October 2009 after an internal review of the plant was completed.
- Restructuring at Huntsman Textile Effects Business. // Pakistan Textile Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p27
The article states that global chemical company Huntsman Corp. plans to implement a significant restructuring of its Textile Effects division which may include the closure of production facilities and business support offices in Basel, Switzerland, with a potential of 500 job losses.
- Huntsman Completes Financial Restructuring And Looks Toward Potential IPO in 2005 to 2006. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;10/7/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the completion of financial restructuring of U.S. -based Huntsman Corp. Amendments in terms of Huntsman's bank credit facilities; Financial reports of Huntsman for the year 2002; Decrease in indirect operating costs.
- Huntsman Restructures To Streamline and Strengthen Operations. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;03/27/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 13, p3
Reports the corporate reorganization of Huntsman Corp. Purpose of the reorganization initiative; Focus of its specialty chemicals group; Comment from Peter R. Huntsman, president of the company.
- Huntsman to Shutter Plant in New Jersey. TERRY, LARRY // Chemical Week;3/10/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the plan of Huntsman company to close its polypropylene (PP) plant at Woodbury, New Jersey on April 30, 1999. Reason behind the company's move; Expected production capacity of PP by 2001.
- MÃ¶lnlycke To Close Mexican Plant. // Nonwovens Industry;Jun2006, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the closure of the GÃ¶teborg, Sweden-based MÃ¶lnlycke Health Care converting facility in Juarez, Mexico, which is a manufacturer of single-use surgical and wound care solutions.