Singapore pulls in the big business
- Market Overview. // Canada Petrochemicals Report;2008, p7
The article presents an overview of the petrochemicals industry in Canada. The industry occupies an important place in Canada's manufacturing sector. The province of Alberta is the location of most of the major petrochemical units and accounts for more than CAD9 billion worth of products each...
- Latin American Petrochemicals Seek to Boost Competitiveness. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;11/15/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 17, p3
Reports that major players in the Latin American petrochemical industry are investing heavily in new projects and modernization in 2004. Goal of increasing self-sufficiency and taking advantage of the abundance of hydrocarbon supplies; Main topics discussed during the 24th Annual Meeting of the...
- Brief. // China Chemical Reporter;9/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p13
The article offers news briefs in the petroleum chemical industry in China. The first coal-series needle coke commercial unit started production in Shanxi Hongte Coal Chemical Industry Co. Ltd. The 10,000 tons per annum sulphur unit in the purification workshop of CNPC Liaohe Petrochemical Co....
- Market briefs: Petrochemicals. Link, Janet // Chemical Market Reporter;05/04/98, Vol. 253 Issue 18, p9
Reports on how the American market for petrochemicals is doing as of May 1998. Spot benzene prices; Spot market for antifreeze and fiber-grade ethylene glycol; Spot methanol prices.
- Market briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;07/13/98, Vol. 254 Issue 2, p15
Presents data concerning the petrochemicals market in the United States recent to July 1998. Includes ethylene; Orthoxylene; Styrene.
- Long-term returns seen for some asian producers. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/02/98, Vol. 254 Issue 18, p13
Reports on adequate long-term returns for pacesetter producers in the petroleum chemicals market in East Asia according to a study by SRI Consulting. Focus on ethylene and high-density polyethylene; Examination of investment costs and price levels for products and feedstocks.
- Market briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/23/98, Vol. 254 Issue 21, p16
Forecasts the market performance of various petrochemical products within the chemical industry in the United States. Downward trend in benzene spot prices; Lackluster demand for ethylene glycol products; Stability of spot prices for methanol.
- Annus horribilis. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/25/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 12, Special section p29
Reports on the performance of the Asian petrochemical industry in 2001. Decline in the capacities of the Asian market; Outlook for 2002; Performance of the Chinese petrochemical market. INSET: Asia is addressing the need to improve competitiveness in its....
- Strong Margins Forecast for Petchems. // Chemical Week;1/2/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 1, p30
The article reports on the positive long-term outlook for petrochemical products, based on studies completed by the IHS Chemical 2012 World Analysis Service.