Lonza buys and transforms into life sciences company
- Lonza buys bio-firms. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/12/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 53, p10
The article reports on the acquisition of the Research Bioproducts and Microbial biopharmaceutical businesses of Cambrex by Lonza. The deal was closed following the consent of Cambrex shareholders. The acquisition, together with the initial public offering of its polymer intermediates business...
- Endocyte, BG Slash IPO Prices but Shares Trade Up on Debut. // Bioworld Week;2/14/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p2
The article discusses the move of life sciences companies in the U.S. including Endocyte Inc. and BG Medicine Inc. to cut the prices of its initial public offering (IPO).
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;11/9/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 217, p6
The article reports on the filing of Cutanea Life Sciences Inc. for an initial public offering (IPO) which is expected to raise net proceeds of 13 million U.S. dollars.
- FINANCINGS. Powers, Marie // BioWorld Today;11/8/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 216, p9
The article reports on the announcement by biotechnology firm Prometic Life Sciences Inc. in November 2013 that it has closed a public offering of 26.7 million shares for gross proceeds of 23.99 million Canadian dollars.
- Financings roundup. // Medical Device Daily;1/20/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p4
The article reports on the plans of life sciences company Sequenom to offer and sell shares of its common stock in an underwritten public offering.
- What's Driving the Boom in Life Sciences IPOs? Sandhu, Reety // San Diego Business Journal;11/10/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 45, pA49
The article focuses on the three factors which contribute to the growth life sciences initial public offerings (IPOs) such as the good condition of the stock market, the Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act, and the new drug approval process of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Chemdex to Go Public as First In Life Sciences E-Commerce. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;06/21/99, Vol. 255 Issue 25, p1
Reports the initial public offering of Chemdex Corp. of its life science business via the Internet. Profile of the company; Service offered by the Web site; Operation of the company.
- Life Science Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/06/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 10, p20
Presents news briefs about life sciences companies as of March 6, 2000. Public offering of ABiomed Inc.; Development and supply agreement of Amgen Inc. with Bioject Medical Technologies Inc.; Funding of Bayer Corp. for a feasibility study regarding the development of platelet function tests...
- Biotechs Ponder IPO Strategy: Wary Investors, Uncertain Market Drive Opposing Plans. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;12/7/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 49, p1
The article reports on the issues about the response of the life science community to the initial public offerings (IPO) of biotechnology companies in San Diego, California. It notes that some biotechnologies company have applied the IPO strategy to raise money on the research. However,...