5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- CIBA PIGMENTS TO EXPAND. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;4/14/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2048, p26
Reports on the plan of Ciba Specialty Chemicals to expand its production of high performance diketo-pyrrolo-pyrrole pigments. Plan of the company to install an additional production line at its plant in Monthey, Switzerland; Scheduled completion of the expansion; Significance of the expansion...
- Asia in brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/01/97, Vol. 252 Issue 22, p33
Presents several news about the chemical industry in Asia. Purpose of the established Technical Center of Ciba Specialty in Singapore; Market to be supported by the Tynex plant of DuPont company in China; Investment to be made by the joint venture of Mitsubishi company, Asahi company and PT...
- Ciba Opens in China... // Chemical Week;11/21/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 43/44, p35
Deals with the textile chemicals plant opened by Ciba Specialty Chemicals in Guangzhou, China.
- On the Pricing Front. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/07/99, Vol. 255 Issue 23, p23
Reports on the prices of various specialty chemicals. Plans of Ciba Specialty Chemicals to raise the price of its Irganox 1076 phenolic antioxidant; Price increase for N, N-diethyl-m-toluamide (DEET) of Clariant Corp.
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;10/25/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 35, p15
The article presents news briefs on the chemical industry. Energy services company ShawCor will spend $30 million to expand pipe coating capacity at its Camrose, Alberta plant. Ciba Specialty Chemicals has opened melamine polyphosphate production plant at its Lampertheim, Germany site to meet...
- Ciba to Cut More Jobs at Basel. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/8/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 16, p4
Reports that Ciba Specialty Chemicals has announced that the number of recalled jobs from the reorganization of its textile dye manufacturing operation in Basel, Switzerland will be higher than previously expected.
- breaking news Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/29/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 13, p3
Presents news developments concerning the chemical industry, current as of March 29, 2004. Increase of plant production capacity of Ticona; Filing of anti-dumping petition by domestic polyethylene terephthalate producers; Opening of antioxidants facility in China by Ciba Specialty Chemicals.
- Ciba invests in antioxidants. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;3/29/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2093, p32
Reports on the decision of Ciba Specialty Chemicals to expand its antioxidant capacity in Shanghai, China. Transfer of the antioxidant production plant of the company in Taiwan; Plan of the company to invest in personal care market.
- Ciba board gives okay for quinacridone plant. // Chemical Market Reporter;07/14/97, Vol. 252 Issue 2, p7
Discusses Ciba Specialty Chemical's approval of plans to upgrade and expand the company's quinacridone plant in Newport, Delaware. Cost of project; Features of proposed plant.